The Manager of Investor Relations is accountable for creating and presenting a consistent message to the investment community, on behalf of the company. It involves developing communication plans along with interacting directly with investors and analysts to maintain business relationships. The Manager will also be responsible for tracking and analyzing perception and help develop a reporting strategy for earnings calls, press releases, website content and reporting presentations.
The Manager will report directly to the CEO and is responsible for leading and managing the Investor Relations team.
- Serves as the key point of contact for the investment community and key stakeholders.
- Organizes the Company’s participation in NAREIT conferences, road shows, earnings conference calls and investor meetings.
- Monitors analyst reports and distributes to senior management.
- Manages the investor relations section of the Company’s website.
- Monitors changes in the ownership of the Company’s institutional holders and distributes to senior management.
- Performs special projects, competitive analysis, including financial metrics and differentiation as requested by the CEO or CFO.
- Prepares reports provided to the board of trustees on a quarterly basis.
- Partners with the CEO in developing the annual shareholder letter.
- Manage internal staff responsible for disseminating the Company’s press releases, managing the equity compensation program, and production of the annual report and proxy.
- Maintains relationships with the NYSE and outside vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Advanced degree in business preferred.
- 5+ years of senior-level experience in a public company and public markets experience in investor relations, finance, banking, or research etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills.