If you are detail-oriented, possess solid project management and analytic skills, passion for retail, and enjoy a team-based culture – Bloomingdale’s Professional Services Team is a perfect fit for you. You’ll make significant contributions across the enterprise while taking on new challenges every day.
The Manager of Internal Communications is responsible for executing the holistic communication strategy to engage, support and activate the Stores Organization. The Manager will act as a strategic partner to key leaders across the Central and Stores organization to:
• Develop and implement communication strategies and processes that most effectively message the priorities of the organization.
• Develop scalable content and utilize appropriate communication vehicles to get the correct level information to the appropriate audience in a timely manner.
• Challenge and evolve current communication protocol to support our Mission, Values and Path to Growth.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Clearly and frequently communicate key business initiatives to inform, align and energize our teams regardless of location. This includes, but is not limited to, internal publications such as newsletters, releases, emails, as well as online, intranet, and video projects.
• Build and execute Communication calendar to structure the flow of communication to reflect the business needs of the company and builds culture.
• Standardize and increase efficiency of our current communication practices by providing more structure and identifying the best vehicles for each audience.
• Build strong partnerships with Stores and Central leadership to understand strategic priorities and craft pertinent messages to cascade.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree; 3-5 years’ experience leading or influencing teams/others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner.
• Driven by the Power of Relationships: A collaborative relationship builder who acts as an influencer that garners buy-in across various functions and teams.
• Creative, Entrepreneurial Executor: A person who is excited by the opportunity to implement communication strategies that engage our organization.
• Able to work autonomously and remain flexible to changing priorities.
• This position may involve regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves ability to use computer, mouse, keyboard which may involve manual dexterity.
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
• Balance Creativity and Commerce: A person who is comfortable learning both the business strategy and our brand. Demonstrated skill at balancing multiple projects and making good decisions regarding prioritization
• Maturity, Discretion and Presence: A professional who operates with the utmost discretion with exposure to senior leadership and sensitive information.