The Manager of Internal Audit will be closely aligned and integrated within the Smithfield organization. The Manager will assist in executing a coordinated risk assessment and audit planning process, execute financial, operational & compliance audits, and support management in performing special projects & other requests. Additionally, the Manager will perform auditsupport for the Company’s external auditors in connection with Smithfield's integrated audit.
- Execute a continuous risk assessment process aligned with the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework, maintain/update the Audit Universe covering all locations and business processes.
- Ensure appropriate execution of the audit assignment, ensuring that: the Risk and Planning Memo is performed in such a way that it permits identifying potential risk areas for the area under review, the detailed Audit Program is tailored to the potential risk areas for the area under review, ensure that the objectives and the scope of each audit assignment are communicated to the pertinent management team prior to starting the job and that all steps of the Audit Program have been completed.
- Ensure adequate execution and completion of audit assignments in terms of both time and quality. Ensure that the audit results and conclusions are adequately communicated at the end of the audit.
- Follow-up on the adequate and effective implementation of prior audit recommendations.
- Foster a quality-oriented environment stressing continuous improvement.
- Provide effective and efficient cooperation with management and the external auditors.
- Maintain effective communications with Management and other members of the global Smithfield audit team.
- Develop and foster effective relationships with operating company personnel.
- Provide and maintain a co-operation program with the external auditors ensuring adequate audit coverage, avoiding duplication of work and making use of each other’s work to the maximum extent possible.
- Implement quality initiatives as may be issued.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics and 5+ years of experience in Auditing obtained through a blend of public accounting and/or industry experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or MBA desireable.
- Comprehensve knowledge of accounting principles and auditing practices.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid business judgement and excellent analytical abilities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.