Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
AFG is looking for a Manager of Insurance & Risk. The position is located at our headquarters in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, and is responsible for managing the enterprise’s insurance and risk programs to minimize the impact of operational and financialrisk.
The Manger of Insurance & Risk will work collaboratively across AFG, our brokers, insurance carriers and others on risk management strategy formulation, identification of exposures, implementation of best practices, gathering of underwriting data, and design and placement of appropriate coverage.
The Manager will have a good understanding of potential risks facing the enterprise and optimal methods to adequately address exposures with insurance or other measures.
• Responsible for overall oversight, design, and implementation of AFG-wide insurance program
• Manages annual insurance surveys to collect exposure information across the organization
• Works closely with insurance brokers on design and implementation of cost-effective programs, based on corporate risk posture, to transfer and fund risk through insurance policies
• Builds relationships with AFG business leaders to identify, measure and manage operational risk
• Assists with the insurance budgeting function – develop and monitor activity and provide forecasts as necessary
• Assembles data and supports insurance company exposure audits – payroll audit, vehicle and others
• Tracks and manages insurance certificates
• Assist in-house investment professionals by evaluating environmental, seismic, operational and other risks associated with prospective debt and equity real estate investments and recommending appropriate insurance coverage requirements, loan document provisions and other measures to mitigate risks
• Counsels investment professionals on risk trends that should be considered in evaluating possible investments, particularly risks related to real estate investments
• Liaisons with third party claim administrators and outside counsel to monitor and assess the progress of claims
• Creates and maintains metrics to measure effectiveness of claim management, and timely reporting and closure of the claims
• Performs risk and loss control analysis and identify areas for improvement, as well as coordinate carrier services. Maintain accurate loss information and prepare reports, as needed, for applications, claim reviews, actuarial analyses and other risk management purposes
• Coordinates processes surrounding claims handling and management of self-insured retentions
• Performs other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of insurance and risk management experience
• Strong knowledge of commercial property, liability, auto and workers compensation policies
• Previous experience working with brokers is strongly preferred
• Significant experience working with and assessing real property exposures is preferred
• Must be able to work with individuals at all levels in the organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational skills