- Establishes and directs the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for Sanderson Farms, Inc. Information Systems Department.
- Determines an organization’s long-term systems needs, software and hardware acquisitions to accomplish the organization’s business objectives.
- Staffs and manages Information Systems Department in providing information and services to Sanderson Farms and its customers.
- Manages middle managers.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Staffs and manages the authorized staff positions in the Information Systems unit in the preparation of checks, invoices, reports, taxes and other information required.
- Analyzes systems requirements and other informational needs of Sanderson Farms.
- Develops systems and procedures to provide needs of units at all levels of Sanderson Farms and its customers.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and reviews a wide variety of projects to utilize the individual abilities of Information Systems staff to meet the needs of Sanderson Farms and its outside computer customers.
- Work with vendors as needed to keep systems running efficiently.
- Develops, maintains, and manages Information Services Policies and Procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
- Work with telecommunications provider concerning network problems.
- Performs problem analysis on hardware, software, network and user problems.
- Performs in-depth evaluation of hardware and software and makes recommendations to management.
- Purchases hardware, software and supplies needed in operation of department.
- Participates in monthly management meetings.
- Oversees the running of all daily, weekly, quarterly and annual computer runs.
- Conducts annual performance reviews of Information Systems staff.
- Participates on Wage and Salary Committee.
- Attends industry schools and seminars.
- Assists in other areas as needed.
Key Working Relationship
- Reports administratively to Chief Financial Analyst, who provides general supervision and guidance.
- Maintains close working relationships with members of Executive Committee, Division Managers, Corporate Controller, Financial Analyst, Chief Accountants, other managers and staff at all levels of the Company.
- Works closely with IBM Corporation and other computer hardware, software and forms vendors.
- Works closely with outside computer customers and other individuals and groups, internally and externally, as required to contribute to corporate objectives.
Academic: BS degree in Computer Science, Accounting or related field or equivalent related experience.
- Ten years of progressively responsibleexperience in programming and systems design and analysis.
- Ten years’ experience in networking systems and designs
- Five years managerial experience in Information Systems areas.
- Accounting and industry experiencepreferred.
Personal: Identifies with the values, philosophy and mission of Sanderson Farms, Inc.
- Advanced technical, professional, business and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and make management presentations.
- Ability to work under stress and make rapid decisions in short time frames on broad range of problems.