Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud consulting organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Manager of Information Security Operations will leverage broad technical knowledge of the securitythreat analysis and experience in managing the security operations centers. This individual will partner with the leader of investigations to build the orchestration technology and procedures to provide automation of incident analysis in real time to react to common threats, ignore false threats and escalate real threats.
Efficient security operations are vital to the ongoing health of Teradata systems. This individual will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our Security Operations team. Creating security operations metrics and providing monthly executive reporting.
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of running a security operations center and organizing the day-to-day activities of the team. Implementing continuous improvement of systems and operations, mentoring staff and maximizing the efficiency of the team. As a key member of the security team flexibility and broad knowledge of securityprocesses, along with strong communication and collaboration skills will result in a successful candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Manage team of security experts and provide hands-on expertise over the following areas of information security:
Security Operations Center
- Lead team of 24x7 security operations center (SOC) monitoring
- Responsible for global corporate wide securityevent monitoring
- Establish and maintain securityevent logging and correlation architecture
- Develop enabling SEIM technology requirements and drive successful implementation
- Develop enabling anomaly detection technology requirements and drive successful implementation
- Guide processes to integrate multiple sources of threat data including system and network logs, threat feeds and behavioral changes
- Implement capabilities for analysis of correlated information sources
- Use the integrated information to detect and respond to system attacks
- Manage the resources in the SOC with regards to detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyberthreats
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in security operations
- Prepare and maintain Security Operation Center work instructions and procedures
- Create and maintain key operational metrics, dashboards for SOC operations and presentation for senior management
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires the ability to travelinternational and the ability to work within a 24x7 options environment.
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership in information security and security operations
- 7+ years hand-on experience in information security, security operations, threat monitoring
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP,CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC
- Experience managing outsourced security operations
- Proven track record of security leadership in investigations and identity management
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations