This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and ten (10) years progressively responsible and applicable experience in one or more of relevant areas, including at least two (2) years in supervisory capacity and six (6) months experience with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Manages Information Resources section, such as Network Services, Software Systems Programming, Computer Training, etc. following university policies and procedures and using effective management, communication, and customer service skills to develop and ensure effective program.
- Develops, revises, recommends, and interprets policies and procedures for section to ensure all applicable laws and governmental guidelines are followed and that employees are treated in equitable manner.
- Coordinates various projects and programs for section ensuring all tasks are completed by established deadlines and to ensure that quality customer service is provided for faculty and staff.
- Assists campus departments in assessing technical requirements that meet needs of their operation.
- Completes work specific to assigned section using appropriate technologies and communication skills.
- Supervises group of professional and/or administrative support employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages the 24x7 Information Resources Service Desk in a hospital, academic, and research environment.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours to support the UT Southwestern mission.
- Responsible for daily operations of Service Desk including hiring, training, measuring, & coaching of staff.
- Position will help develop the IT Service Management program within Information Resources.
- Experience with Service Desk metrics.
- PowerBI experiencepreferred