SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Manager of Imaging Systems provides technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned medical imaging applications, services, and related technologies within an HCA division. This position ensures continuity and alignment of the division's medical imaging systems and services direction and plans with HCA's corporate IT&S strategies, division IT&S strategic plans, and facility needs. The Manager of Imaging Systems participates in architecting the division's medical imaging services infrastructure and in the development of guidelines, procedures, and standards. This individual works closely with HCA medical imaging subject matter experts, selected medical imaging vendors, the Division Clinical Specialist Team, and Division Technical Services to ensure the operational success and maximum utilization of the division's medical imaging services. Primary responsibilities include serving as the medical imaging applications leader for the division, managing the Imaging Systems Administrators across geographic zones in the division, implementing and monitoring medical imaging applications and technology and supportprocesses, and coordinating consistent support of medical imaging applications and related technologies, such as Radiology PACS and CVIS within the division. This individual also assists in resolving highly complex issues regarding medical imaging applications, coordinates division-wide testing and implementation of software releases, assists in developing strategies for training and tools for all medical imaging across the division, and champions standardization, utilization, optimization and use of best practices in medical imaging services. The Manager of Imaging Systems requires subject matter knowledge in medical imaging applications. This position must stay abreast of latest medical imaging application developments to ensure service levels proactively meet or exceed corporate and division requirements and service level agreements with key stakeholders and vendors.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall
- management of current and planned medical imaging applications, services, and related technologies within an HCA division.
- Meets with corporate, division, and facility-level leadership teams, as needed to align strategy, services, and coordinate any required implementation activities.
- Responsible for personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, and coaching of Imaging System Administrators.
- Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, IT&S leaders, and vendors.
- Participates in resource planning and allocates resources to meet goals of the medical imaging applications and services, IT&S goals and business priorities.
- Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of work.
- Participates in the development of corporate and division-level medical imaging standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that the design and use of medical imaging applications adhere to established HCA policies, procedures, and standards.
- Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of medical imaging applications; interfaces with users to ensure that medical imaging applications are developed which meet their business and specifications.
- Establishes and manages internal service level agreements and ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met.
- Assists the director in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates for division and/or facilities.
- Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of medical imaging application incidents and requests.
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of medical imaging application incidents and requests.
- Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
- Grows the support capabilities for imaging applications throughout the Division.
- Works with facilities, medical Imaging Systems Administrators, the Division Clinical Specialist Team, and enterprise imaging application areas to implement the division plans for medical imaging applications standardization, utilization, integration and optimization.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Coordinates the sharing of best practice models, and policies & procedures related to medical imaging and processes.
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors of IT&S products, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants.
- Serve as primary liaison between Corporate, Division facilities, and medical imaging vendors.
- Builds strong relationships with medical imaging application users groups across HCA, IT&S managers and directors, and the Application Services Leadership Council.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and emerging medical imaging applications and technology
- Mature understanding of medical imaging supportprocesses and workflow.
- Understands pertinent JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR guidelines
- Strong analytical skills and detailed organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify needs, manage resources, and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain staff
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful situations
- Competency in basic PC use and required tools
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Three to six years of experience in medical imaging or clinical applications support
- Three years managerial experience including budgeting, maintaining policies and database analysis
- Experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
- Experience in team leadership and direct supervision
- Experience creating and leading communications with direct reports, senior leaders, business partners, vendors to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and service excellence
Job Code: 25471-13809