Sealed Air is a global corporation with significant market share in all regions across the globe. The manager occupying this role will lead a group of about 10 Engineers in the execution of key capital investments required to support divisional sales growth objectives in those regions and in parallel will also support major Supply Chain network optimizations involving significant asset transfers or new asset installations.
- To provide guidance to the team in all the preparatory fundamentals of project execution including project scoping, definition of specifications, project cost estimations, establishment of project timelines, finalization of budgets, to eventually secure the necessary funding to execute the project.
- To ensure that projects are meticulously executed, honouring all commitments made, guaranteeing full respect of all local and corporate policies and legislation, while meeting or exceeding all project KPIs as agreed with the key stakeholders.
- To ensure a seamless transition of ownership to the final end user, with provision of all the necessary knowledge transfer, documentation and sign offs.
- The manager will be instrumental in creating mechanisms to help anticipate growth capacity planning by region and by platform. The growth plans and the related capex expenditure should closely align to divisional AOPs.
- The manager will be the person responsible for securing the deliverables and guaranteeing the perfect execution of significant growth capex projects under his/her responsibility.
- The manager will provide expert guidance and leadership to all Global Engineering personnel working on growth capex projects under his/her responsibility.
- Engage and partner with divisional portfolio leadership as well as technical leadership within the SEE Operations, secure agreement on project goals and drive on time and on budget completion of all initiatives.
- Ensure that the Global Engineering team under his/her responsibility executes its projects professionally and that all project KPIs are delivered.
- Ensure that there are ‘no surprises’ on projects or activities. Where delivery is likely to be outside initial KPI objectives ensure that contingency plans are developed and agreed with senior management.
- In collaboration with Global Purchasing build networks of capable suppliers and contractors capable of partnering in project execution across the global reach of SEE’s operations.
- Develop individual and team skill sets and invest time and energy in mentoring team members, establishing career paths and creating robust succession plans.
- Mechanical or Electrical). Applicants with superior qualifications will be favoured for selection.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 10years of experience in a similar role in a multi-national organisation.
- Very significant experience in project management and the ability to ensure maximum rigour and adherence to project time lines will be key selection criteria.
- Strong communication skills, ability to network across a matrix organization, competency in facilitating knowledge transfer, as well as a proven ability in enabling change management will be required.
- This leader must be a proven team builder with the ability to engage resources, hire exceptional talent and mentor his/her team to constantly reach new performance heights.
Requisition id: 17501