Manager of Grant Compliance
Location: Oak Brook, ILDepartment: Lions Clubs International Foundation
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Manager/Supervisor
Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) is the charitable arm of Lions Clubs International, the world's largest service club organization. Serving more than 1.4 million Lions, working with 47,000 clubs in 200+ countries globally, LCIF has funded humanitarian service to build a more promising future for world citizens. Since 1968, LCIF has awarded more than $1 billion in grants, helping combat vision problems, provide valuable life skills to youth, respond to major catastrophes, and build programs to address the needs of at-risk and vulnerable populations. LCIF is also working to reduce the prevalence of diabetes and improve quality of life for those living with the disease and is expanding its global causes to include childhood cancer, hunger, and the environment while raising funds to empower even more service from Lions.
As challenges facing our world expand, so must our capacity to combat them. To build a future of promising even greater service LCIF has embarked on our most ambitious fundraising effort to date, Campaign 100, empowering Lions to serve hundreds of millions more people by:
- Increasing service impact;
- Fighting diabetes; and
- Expanding global causes
These are not things that any one Lion, club, or district can do alone. But together, we can. We are currently looking for Manager of Grant Compliance to join our team and rise to the challenge of empowering service.
Responsible for development and implementation of an enhanced plan of monitoring and evaluation for LCIF grants. This oversight and evaluation will help inform decisions, drive strategic direction and build grantees' capacity to implement, report and measure impact related to LCIF-funded grants.
Responsibilities and Duties
Tools and Resources
- Provide technical assistance, tools, and resources to LCIF grantees for effective and efficient implementation and reporting of LCIF-funded grants.
- Work closely with other LCIF team members to identify best practices to help strengthen LCIF oversight and administration of grants.
- Establish and implement minimum standards for outcomes, metrics, and reporting optimizing the grant administration process.
- Work with program specialists to assess and improve the qualification, evaluation and reporting process. Prepare training documentation and communication related to these processes to be shared with staff and grantees.
- Follow-up with local Lions as needed and liaise between the implementing Lions and LCIF in overseeing and assisting with grant project development.
- Design or develop processes that ensure the grant process is effective and compliant.
- Travels, when appropriate, to grant project sites to evaluate implementation and progress.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to the programmatic and financial components of the grant process and reporting aspect.
Audits and Investigations
- Research allegations, review audit reports, identify key findings and recommend follow-up action.
- Coordinate targeted audits in response to allegations of misuse of LCIF grant funds. This may include working with an outside audit firm to develop the scope of work and arranging the logistics that are necessary for successful completion.
- Work with LCI General Counsel as required, providing documentation and/or other information regarding allegation issues to support litigation activities.
- Make recommendations regarding strategy, future funding and other topics to the LCIF Board of Trustees, the LCIF Executive Administrator and LCIF managers and based onevaluation and reporting results.
- Track metrics over time and analyze and evaluate long-term impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in public health, non-profit or similar organization.
- Experience working with grants administration, accounting or finance a plus.