Manager of Government Relations
5 - 7 years experience • Government & Non-Profit
The Manager of Government Relations will advocate small business priorities before Congress; current issues include: taxes, healthcare, regulatory reform, and labor. Responsibilities include participating in industry stakeholder coalitions and other external programming to advance NFIB positions; gathering, distilling, and disseminating relevant information to the membership and the public at large; analyzing legislation and legislative issues to make policy recommendations and develop legislative initiatives; and attending political events in support of NFIB FED PAC, the organization’s political action committee. Maintains, shapes, and expands an effective political network on Capitol Hill to champion NFIB priorities.
- A minimum five (5) years of federal legislative experience, to include a detailed knowledge of the legislative process attained by working in or with the House and/or Senate.
- An understanding of agency roles and regulatory processes.
- Network of contacts consistent with level of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational capabilities.
- Service orientation, superior integrity, and an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and membership.
- Bachelor’s degree.