Industry: Manufacturing / Packaging•
Less than 5 years
Posted 395 days agoby Patricia Wakefield
Manager of Global Tax Department
We are a privately held, diversified consumer products company with approximately 9, employees and operations in 197 countries.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Manager of Global Tax Department.
This position will be an integral part of a growing Corporate Accounting and Finance Department, will report directly to the Global Controller. The position is located near the Reading, PA area and will involve approximately 5%-10% international travel.
Individual will be responsible to provide global tax leadership to the organization, prepare financial accounting for taxes, and work in conjunction with outside tax advisors to execute federal, state, and local tax compliance, and domestic and global tax planning.
This individual, as part of the Corporate Accounting and Finance Department, will also have the opportunity to participate in Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) projects outside of the tax discipline (e.g. M&A analysis).
This position requires a strong, well-rounded professional who is technically sound, possesses excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and has experience in improving systems and processes.
• Prepare financial accounting schedules for income taxes for monthly, quarterly and annual domestic and global financial statements
• Prepare annual financial statement disclosures related to financial accounting for income taxes
• Develop and maintain internal controls related to financial accounting for income taxes and tax compliance that are consistent with Company requirements
• Coordinate (in conjunction with our domestic and international tax advisors) both US and Global federal, state and local tax compliance and planning matters
• Assist foreign subsidiaries with financial accounting for income taxes, tax compliance, and tax planning matters, as needed
• Ensure compliance with FACTA and FBAR filings
• Prepare tax related line items for domestic and global forecasts
• Lead analysis on tax related aspects of contracts, financing transactions and M&A transactions
• Prepare and review FP&A projects outside of the tax discipline, as assigned
• Ability to build strong relationships with Finance Department and Management teams from all Related Companies (Domestically & Globally)
• Assist in the development of the Corporate Accounting and Finance Department by establishing goals and objectives and by providing feedback and performance improvement measurers in line with the Company’s mission.
Required Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
• Active CPA license (preferred not required)
• Minimum of three (3+) years of relevant taxexperience in positions of increasing responsibility
• Big 4 experiencepreferred
• Ability to work and navigate within multiple areas of the organization in order to achieve goals and objectives
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between local and global deadlines
• Self-starter with a proven track record of success in prior tax accounting roles and managing people.
• Ability to drive continuous improvement through improved processes and new technology
• Must exhibit high energy in this fast paced and ever changing environment.