Reporting to the incumbent are a Client Services staff member and 6.5 claimssupport/records staff at present. As a leader of MPBS systems, the incumbent will be expected to work closely with Front End system resources within and outside the department to seek continuous improvement in practice operations and revenue management improvement. Other core responsibilities include supervising and mentoring staff which involves daily contact, the prioritization of workflow, and staff development through training. The Manager serves as a key member of the MPBS leadership team and is responsible for the internal communication of system and process changes related to professional billing to both MPBS and Practice staff.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manages the day-to-day front end systems support staff in order to realize system and practice efficiencies, maximize cash flow, and maintain the accounts receivable of BMP. Oversees and manages claimssupport functions.
- Performs complex business and clinical systems analysis and develops recommendations for changes to existing processes consistent with third party payer and regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements system solutions that improve work flow for end users and enhance system performance.
- Reports and logs system related issues. Performs follow up, tracks progress and effectiveness of outcomes, and manages internal expectations.
- Acts as a liaison between Information Services, MPBS, Access Services and the BMP practices and works with constituents to revise and maintain effective BMP revenue cycle policies and procedures.
- Participates in projects, upgrades and implementations, serving as the subject matter expert for the MPBS operation. Leads internal projects and performs testing on system enhancements and signs off on issues that been brought to resolution.
- Monitors compliance with all policies, procedures and controls to ensure that medical practice information systems are maintained effectively.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of governmental and contractual payment methodologies and has the ability to partner with departmental staff to translate these into operational processes.
- Coordinates and maintains assigned dictionaries, master files, group structure, and communicates its purpose and use to end users.
- Incumbent is expected to adhere to System and department compliance policies and any and all applicable laws and regulations.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or related experience
- 7+ years of physician billing system management experience.
- 3 years of systems implementation, upgrade and supportexperience is required
- Experience in managing GE Centricity billing systems and medical practice operations is preferred
- Requires ability to effectively interface with professionals of varying levels and to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Ability to interface with colleagues and physician leaders effectively and communicate in a professional manner
- Meticulous, detail-oriented work habits
- Strong understanding of healthcare environment and professional billing process flows