JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis IN for a Manager of FP&A, Budgets and Forecasts.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
The Manager of FP&A Budgets and Forecast develops and implements procedures for gathering, analyzing, verifying, and reporting manufacturing financial information. Ensures complete, accurate, timely and consistent financial reporting. Works closely with manufacturing and operations as well as other functional organization and communicates financial results. Manages a FP&A department and is responsible for hiring, training, and coaching, as well as ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage the daily activities of a FP&A department
- Assist in the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and process improvements within direct area of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing management and Finance staff to ensure complete, accurate, timely and consistent daily, monthly, quarterly and Global annual financial reporting to senior management as well as for Board of Directors
- Oversee, generate and review global analyses of complex financial data in order to prepare financial reports and investigate manufacturing variances to forecast, budget plans or prior year.
- Interpret and provide recommendation on complex operations proposals or concepts and oversee the preparation of the financial modeling or analysis and reporting of results.
- Work with manufacturing plants and other functional organizations to accomplish task by coordinating information requirements.
- Present financial data to senior management including identifying areas for operational improvements and performance measurements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 10 years in accounting or FP&A function
- High proficient personal computer skills, Proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel) and technology driven
- Demonstrates problem solving and analytical abilities on complex topic
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time restraints