Manager of Foundation Relations
Position: Manager of Foundation Relations
Location: 287 East 10th Street, New York, NY 19
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community.
BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
The Manager of Foundation Relations will work with the Director of Foundation and Government Relations to significantly increase foundation and government giving over the next three years.
The Manager of Foundation Relations will draft thoughtful, compelling grant proposals and will work collaboratively with program staff to obtain data and monitor the impact of programs.
The Manager of Foundation Relations will be responsible for identifying and researching new prospective funders.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee a portfolio of foundation donors, and conduct stewardship and cultivation activities that build, maintain, and strengthen relationships.
- Write letters of inquiry, grant proposals, reports, and acknowledgment letters.
- Ensure compliance with all funder requirements.
- Identify and research new prospective funders.
- Collaborate with program staff to inform proposals and reports.
- Work withfinance department to develop budgets and otherfinancial documents.
- Maintain necessary database records, files, reports, and source materials pertinent to foundation and government activities in Raiser’s Edge.
- Create and maintain a grants calendar that ensures all institutional funding deadlines are met with sufficient time for input.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a development office, with grant writing experiencepreferred.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to organization and detail.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Resume and cover letter required.
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.