Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
Engle Martin & Associates/Cor Partners is seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting. We are seeking a skilled and motivated accountant who is techsavvy (having the ability to implement new tools, build analytic models and reports), lead continuous improvement projects in a high growth environment, be sound in their technical accounting knowledge and enjoy interacting with others. The Manager of Financial Reporting role will coordinate the Company’s financialreporting function as well as assist in the Company’s annual financial and 401K audit process. This position will report to the VP Corporate Controller and work from the Company’s headquarters in Atlanta, GA. This role will interact with the Company’s broader finance organization including finance leaders within our operational segments, the F&A department and the tax and accounting departments of our parent company, Berry Wehmiller, as well as operational leaders, our investor group, auditors, and others, as needed.
- Coordinate the monthly consolidation process ensuring timely, accurate, and complete financial and management reporting for Cor Partner’s senior leadership team, investors, parent company, bank and regulatory filings (statutory and tax).
- Build out new reports, as needed.
- Perform analytical reviews of the Company’s financial statements (vs prior year, budget, trend, etc.) and investigate and provide explanations on identified variances.
- Foster active exchange of relevant information between Finance and Operations – helping drive priorities of both departments.
- Create new models or system reports to improve current processes and provide insight.
- Develops, implements, and maintains accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure our financials are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory filings.
- Oversees maintenance, implementation, integration, and use of systems and business intelligence databases to drive business process improvements related to accounting, reporting, operating, and analysis of financial results.
Assists or manages special projects related to business ventures, vendor relations/agreements, entity-wide programs, and initiatives including:
- Profit Improvement– provides trends, analyses, and other tools or data to support periodic reviews of the cost structure or specific outlying metrics that need assessed in the business.
- Acquisitions– ensures financial due diligence is complete pre-acquisition and accounting/reporting functions are properly integrated post-acquisition from a personnel, IT, and control perspective. As an active acquirer, experience with working on and leading financial due diligence and integration of acquisitions is important.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA license.
- At least five years of relevant accounting experience including consolidations, implementation of new technology, and demonstrated leadership in process improvement. Ideally, a mix of public / private experience.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and consolidation systems.
- Skilled in the use of internet for business research purposes; sound written and oral business communication skills, including formatting and preparation of memoranda, letters, and reports.
- Effective at time management, prioritization, and organizing skills; excellent interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills; demonstrates teamwork, compassion, and respect toward others.
- Professional services industry experience highly preferred.
- Lean / Six Sigma, a plus