Our client is a leader in their industry providing essential products and services for the Insurance market. Their back-office operations are critical to the ongoing development and efficiency of the company and they wish to hire a Manager of Financial Reporting that will coordinate the Company?s financialreporting function as well as assist in the Company?s annual financial and 401K audit process.
Essential daily duties will include:-.
- Coordinate the monthly consolidation process ensuring timely, accurate, and complete financial and management reporting for the leadership team, investors, parent company, bank and regulatory filings (statutory and tax).
- Build out new reports, as needed.
- Perform analytical reviews of the Company?s financial statements (vs prior year, budget, trend, etc.) and investigate and provide explanations on identified variances.
- Foster active exchange of relevant information between Finance and Operations
- Create new models or system reports to improve current processes and provide insight.
- Develops, implements, and maintains accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure our financials are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory filings.
- Oversees maintenance, implementation, integration, and use of systems and business intelligence databases to drive business process improvements related to accounting, reporting, operating, and analysis of financial results.
- Profit Improvement ? provides trends, analyses, and other tools or data to support periodic reviews of the cost structure or specific outlying metrics that need assessed in the business.
- Acquisitions ? ensures financial due diligence is complete pre-acquisition and accounting/reporting functions are properly integrated post-acquisition from a personnel, IT, and control perspective. As an active acquirer, experience with working on and leading financial due diligence and integration of acquisitions is important.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Hyperion experience is a big plus
- Consolidations experience is required
- At least five years of relevant accounting experience including consolidations, implementation of new technology, and demonstrated leadership in process improvement. Ideally, a mix of public / private experience.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and consolidation systems.
- Skilled in the use of internet for business research purposes; sound written and oral business communication skills, including formatting and preparation of memoranda, letters, and reports.
- Effective at time management, prioritization, and organizing skills; excellent interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills; demonstrates teamwork, compassion, and respect toward others.
- Professional services industry experience highly preferred.