Manager of Financial Reporting
5 - 7 years experience • Insurance
Our client is a National market leader in the Insurance industry providing essential products and services to business and consumers alike. Due to ongoing expansion, they are looking for an experienced Manager of Financial Reporting that will coordinate the Company’s financialreporting function as well as assist in the Company’s annual financial and 401K audit process. This position will report to the VP Corporate Controller.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Coordinate the monthly consolidation process ensuring timely, accurate, and complete financial and management reporting for senior leadership team, investors, parent company, bank and regulatory filings (statutory and tax).
- Build out new reports, as needed.
- Perform analytical reviews of the Company’s financial statements (vs prior year, budget, trend, etc.) and investigate and provide explanations on identified variances.
- Foster active exchange of relevant information between Finance and Operations
- Create new models or system reports to improve current processes and provide insight.
- Develops, implements, and maintains accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure our financials are in accordance with GAAP and regulatory filings.
- Oversees maintenance, implementation, integration, and use of systems and business intelligence databases to drive business process improvements related to accounting, reporting, operating, and analysis of financial results.
- Provides trends, analyses, and other tools or data to support periodic reviews of the cost structure or specific outlying metrics that need assessed in the business.
- Ensures financial due diligence is complete pre-acquisition and accounting/reporting functions are properly integrated post-acquisition from a personnel, IT, and control perspective. As an active acquirer, experience with working on and leading financial due diligence and integration of acquisitions is important.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 years of relevant accounting experience including consolidations, implementation of new technology, and demonstrated leadership in process improvement.
- Ideally, a mix of public / private experience.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and consolidation systems.
- Skilled in the use of internet for business research purposes; sound written and oral business communication skills, including formatting and preparation of memoranda, letters, and reports.
- Effective at time management, prioritization, and organizing skills; excellent interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills; demonstrates teamwork, compassion, and respect toward others.
- Professional services industry experience highly preferred.
- LeanSix Sigma is a plus.