The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager is responsible for the system month-end accounting close, ERP controls and architecture, related financial analysis, forecasting, and reporting to support executive decision making in all Development and Operational areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of a broad set of financial statements and analytical techniques
- Exemplifies technical understanding of accounting transactions related to development and real estate functions.
- Drives month-end close activities in a timely manner (accruals, reclasses, reconciliations, etc. where relevant)
- Incorporates internal and external factors that impact financial models
- Reviews broad financial outputs (i.e., multiple models and financial statements) for reasonableness
- Conducts complex and extensive analyses across multiple functions, financial statement lines, and cost categories
- Variance analysis and makes business recommendations
- Reviews and synthesizes analyses into succinct recommendations for local finance and management teams
- Works well individually and collaboratively with others to achieve business results, continually seeking opportunities to contribute to and improve processes
- Prioritizes effectively and meets tight timelines under pressure while producing accurate results
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Responsible for the coordination of Financial Planning & Analysis activities for global real estate development company
- Supports the completion and consolidation of monthly results, variance analysis, and forecasting
- Coordinates annual budget and strategic planning processes
- Regularly engaged in special projects and analyses (e.g., ERP implementation, policy and procedure updates, value capture)
- Develops and distributes key reporting and analysis tools including standardized packages and dashboards
- Collaborates with business unit executives to provide platform drivers
- Recommends corrective action to management team related to variances and performance against budget and forecast
- Provides technical accounting guidance and feedback to accounting team members and escalates any possible riskitems through management channels
- Drives FP&A related Finance Agenda initiatives, including forecast accuracy improvement and development of world-class decision support capabilities
- Converts complex information into easy to use communications
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems
The position performs duties under direction from the Financial Systems Director.
The position may, as directed, supervise the work of assigned Systems Analysts and external developers to ensure data consistency and reporting deliverables are completed within established guidelines.
Qualifications & Skills:
Education: BS/BA Finance or Accounting, CPA required. MBA, MSA or MST Masters desirable.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years job related experience, prior FP&A experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Tier 1 ERP (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, JDEdwards) expertise/knowledge preferred, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to influence without direct supervisory authority
- Strong analytical skillset and natural intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight timelines under pressure while producing accurate results
- Proficient in developing people and leading teams