Modea is seeking a motivated Manager of Finance to join our growing team. As a key member of our organization, the Finance Manager will oversee all aspects of the corporate finance function at Modea, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting. They will oversee all accounting activities, review and approve financial submissions, and provide support and recommendations to Modea’s executives. This role will also serve as a key member of the Modea Leadership Team and work cross functionally to ensure Modea is meeting company objectives and accomplishing its mission.
Here are a few specific things we’d be looking for you to do:
- Lead and manage all financial activities, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting, to support informed decision-making at the executive level.
- Own and manage the company's P&L, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial performance to stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain financial models and dashboards to analyze and track key financial metrics, providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee all accounting functions such as semi-monthly payroll and monthly financial statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations and internal policies.
- Manage cash flow and working capital, including monitoring receivables and payables, approving payments, and implementing strategies to optimize cash flow.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop annual budgets, monitor variances, and provide guidance on cost control measures.
- Conduct occasional financial analysis and scenario modeling to support strategic decision-making, business planning, and growth initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements, and liaise with external parties as needed. At a minimum this will include working with our tax accountant to complete annual submissions of federal and state tax returns.
- Exemplify and promote Modea's core values of being consultative, building strong relationships, and looking out for each other in all aspects of your work.
- This role will require quarterly travel to Blacksburg, VA to meet in-person with other members of the Modea Leadership Team.
- The Manager of Finance will directly supervise others, including a 3rd party accounting team and possible full-time Modeans.
Here are a few qualities that will help you be successful in this role:
- Absolute integrity and attention to detail. The person in this role must help us ensure consistent, accurate, and ethical financial practices at every level.
- True, Jedi level spreadsheet skills. We live by Google Sheets here at Modea.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to read, interpret, and understand financial statements, trends, and models.
- Ability to align with and demonstrate Modea's core values of being consultative, building strong relationships, and looking out for each other.
- Be a great listener and communicator (oral and written).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality which is critical in this role.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work across all levels of the company.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Adeptness at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Have a positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic. Be a team player.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and the capacity to mentor and develop team members in a variety of settings.
- Experience working in a consultancy is an added bonus.
Here is a list of required skills and qualities:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance and accounting roles, with a focus on corporate finance.
- Experience working in a consultancy.
- Solid understanding of financial principles, including financial results analysis, accounting, and cash flow management.
- Proven experience in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes, taxation, and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in financial software systems and tools, especially QuickBooks and Google Sheets/Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial information to stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
If you believe you can be successful in this role but don't meet all the qualifications, please apply! Share with us the unique value you can add to this role.
Where is this position located?
You are able to work at any location in Virginia, Tennessee, or North Carolina. We offer modern offices located in Nashville, TN and Blacksburg, VA. This allows you to choose a fully-office, fully-remote, or hybrid work experience. There will be some travel required to our offices or other locations for items such as the occasional training or client visits. We will also provide you with tools to do your job at home as well as in the office.
Who is Modea?
We are a privately owned, technology consultancy with a mission to infuse greater control, transparency, and choice into the consumer healthcare experience. To do this, we work with large healthcare providers to help them build out a digital roadmap, then design and build mobile, web, and other digital experiences. We fundamentally believe that this work helps consumers have better information and access to care, and our clients to build stronger customer relationships.
Here are a few other reasons why you should apply:
First, you’ll love the work we do and the people you’ll get to do it with. We’ve assembled an exceptionally smart and hardworking team and you’ll enjoy the work associations and general camaraderie with other “Modeans.” We also work with great clients who value our contributions and work side-by-side with us.
Second, Modea offers a great benefits package that provides both a fun and enjoyable workplace and great perks that will improve your quality of life:
- Generous paid time off
- Generous health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with fully vested company matching
- Long term & short term disability
Some of these benefits, like parties and snacks, have had to adapt to the remote work environment we are currently in, but our operations team has found innovative ways to support our employees. We take care of our team.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position during the duration of the workday. Individual must have the ability to constantly operate a computer. Must have the ability to converse with and exchange information to clients and coworkers both in person and through a computer. Capable of occasionally transporting items of 10 lbs or less to and from the office.
We aspire to be a highly inclusive employer...
providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best as we can. We are committed to keeping great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes Modea stronger.