Our client, a global medical device organization is seeking several experienced Engineering professional to join their team located in the SF Bay Area to work in the capacity of Manager of Facilities and Engineering. The chosen candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction to the following areas with direct reports in the areas of Office and Lab Engineering, General Facilities services (Security, Janitorial Services, Food Services), Site EHS, Lab Equipment support, Campus maintenance and GxP compliance. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that deliverables are successfully executed for the Engineering team, developing the strategy for and overseeing Facilities infrastructure to accommodate and sustain company growth, developing/managing Facilities budget, leading the day to day maintenance/execution, improvement and/or implementation of construction projects within the company.
*Service the employees with their facility engineering related needs, ensuring their productivity is optimally maintained.
* Establish and maintain departmental engineering policies and procedures assuring compliance with City, County, State and Federal Health and Safety regulations and guidelines.
* Overseeing Laboratory Operations assuring that the in-house needs of the research staff are met for glassware, supplies and sterilization.
*Responsible for caf? operation and maintenance.
*Responsible for planning and managing budget to ensure economic and competitive pricing and spend.
* Manage and maintain general building functions, including HVAC systems.
* Manage repairs, upkeep, cleaning, and general assurance of proper presentation of the facilities, exterior/interior, and all grounds (repaint walls, fix blinds, change lights, shampoo carpet, for example).
* Oversee facility planning, design and execution (expansion, reconfiguration, build outs for example) and moves (movement of employee offices).
* Oversee three bid contract processes, negotiation of costs, pricing etc.
* Contract and oversee maintenance and repair performed by contractors.
* Interface internally with other departments, for example, Chemical Operations, Research, Development, Quality Assurance and Human Resources.
* Interface externally with federal, state, county and city agencies during yearly audits (fire, chemical storage and chemical waste, biohazardous waste, waste water inspections).
Best Industry ? Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals
Best Department ? Facilities Management
Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required.
10 ? 15 years of experience in cGMP or regulated facilities is required.
Prior experience facilities management in Biotech/Pharma industry is preferred.
Prior success in maintaining 100,000 plus feet facilities, including remodeling, moving and expansions are required.
Demonstrated strong collaboration skills working with both internal and external organizations are preferred.
Demonstrated capacity to skillfully communicate with all levels of employees as well as outside vendors and Contractors is required.
Must have experiences in lab and office built out construction projects.
Must be results oriented with strong track record of success in delivering quality work space to employees.
Strong communications skills (Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.