We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Job Summary This senior level architect is responsible for leading the IT strategy and for providing solutions and consulting for Farmers Distribution and Service Operations lines of business. The resource is responsible for the high level design for all projects within the Distribution and Service Operation space. They will act as a consultant to the IT delivery teams for Distribution and Service Operations by providing technology guidance that aligns with the overall business strategies. They will provide leadership on strategic initiatives either by delivering architectural solutions based on business requirements or by developing strategic roadmaps based of business strategies. They will engage and collaborate with peer Enterprise Architects on details within the solution design. They will analyze existing systems and make recommendations to enhance, replace or retire technologies and process and conduct detailed product evaluations.
Essential Job Functions
- Portfolio Architectural support for the Distribution and Service Operations lines of business.
- Development of Solution Architecture Design (SAD) documents for projects.
- Act as a technology consultant to the Service Operations and Distribution IT delivery team.
- Develop or participate in the development of the technology roadmap for Service Operations and Distribution.
- Provide leadership, guidance, clarification and support during all project phases to ensure adherence to SAD and help projects move forward.
- Perform the lead role in execution of software evaluations, development of architecture impact analysis, delivery of system design documents and proposals of many different types.
- Participates in the development of standards and guidelines at the enterprise level and leads the development of standards and guidelines within the IT Distribution and Service Operations areas.
- Provides consultation and direction to senior management on impact of major policy, procedures, or program change.
- Provides strategic, technical, and business leadership within the organization.
- Deals with diverse complex problems or activities in related functions throughout IT
- Designs technology solutions to meet complex business requirements.
- Conduct product evaluations and provide recommendations.
- Evaluates and implements continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for assignments that are broad in scope and strategic or tactical in nature.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required; role is visible to executive leadership
- Working knowledge and experience with architectural principles and concepts is required
- Experience working as an Enterprise Architect in a large company supporting Service Operations or supporting Agent systems.
- Experience designing high-end agent facing or customer facing applications is required.
- Experience designing high-end customer service relationship management solutions is required.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Service cloud required.
- Experience with Open-Source and Java development required.
- Strong understanding of the customer experience and a clear understanding of Visual design.
- Demonstrates and has extensive background in application integration, database concepts, data modeling, application performance tuning, application testing, user experience and cloud technology concepts
- Ability to work with IT and Business executives to develop tactical and strategic business plans, system evolution and architectural roadmaps
- Prior experience with business transformation specializing in the area of Agent/Distribution and Customer relationship management
- Experience in technology optimization, business intelligence and process modeling
- Experienced in developing customer data strategies and analytics
- Experience in leading evaluation, selection, integration and implementation of 3rd party packaged software products
- Ability to provide thought leadership in the areas of Enterprise Architecture, Governance, and standards development
- Solid understanding in system data architecture, data governance and data modeling
- Working knowledge of Enterprise SOA concepts, process and service design
- Clear understanding of RIA (Rich Internet Application) architecture and RIA MVC design
- Ability to develop Solution Architecture Design (SAD) documentation and perform formal presentations to the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and Farmers executives.
- Experience with Enterprise Service bus products and technologies.
- TOGAF certification is a plus
- Background in P&C and/or Commercial insurance a plus
- Ability to roll-up sleeves and get things done. Must be able to assist development teams during detail design activities to clear roadblocks and drive to an outcome.
- Ability to help production support teams to troubleshoot production issues if needed.
Physical Actions: Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Physical Environment : Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Education Requirements: 4 year degree. IT background or emphasis. MBA / MIS a plus.
- Project management and development skills.
- Current ongoing awareness of technology and business trends to determine where to apply new technologies.
- Expert knowledge of IT concepts and disciplines to enable completion of difficult assignments.
- Strong experience in leading division level program and projects.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time.
- 10+ years of experience in an IT development and architecture role .
- Plus 5+ year’s leadership/management experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Service Operations or Distribution (agents/dealers) area.