PetSmart is aggressively accelerating its digital capabilities and we are looking for experienced leaders who can drive us forward.This role will provide technical leadership and direction in the development and support of web applications that drive business strategies including Petsmart.com and other related digital properties. We are seeking an experienced engineering manager with a passion for building teams to deliver great digital customer experiences. The Manager of Engineering is responsible for solution design, project estimation, technology decisions and management of the web development teams including ensuring tactical execution as well as talent development. The role will be accountable for working with cross-functional teams across all our brands to implement and deliver technical solutions aligned with strategies and plans for technology, people, and process.
- Provide leadership and direction in the design, development, estimation, support, and execution across multiple digital properties
- Mentor and develop engineering team talent
- Coordinate day to day activities of web engineering teams
- Write code to deliver on digitalexperiences
- Contribute to cross-enterprise architectural decisions
- Direct IT teams in the areas of scheduling, coordination, technical direction, future planning
- Partner with product team on story grooming and prioritizing engineering initiatives alongside customer facing features
- Ensure high caliber development of all releases
- Anticipate risks and issues and works to resolve roadblocks
- Analyze potential partner relationships
- Accountable for creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Identify and manage key systems metrics used to advise technical direction
- Understand and advocate best practices in high-level system designs
- Accountable for technical delivery of medium to large projects end to end
- 7+ years hands-on experience in web development
- 3+ years of leading engineering teams
- 3+ years in leading cross-functional projects and initiative
- 3+ years in application integration, solution design and support
- Understand web applications at a deep architectural level including but not limited to: caching, performance, content delivery, accessibility, usability, protocols, security, APIs and compatibility, etc.
- Full stack web design and architectural skills.
- Experience with various JS libraries and frameworks (React, jQuery, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with MVC and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience implementing responsive design and adaptive design
- Demonstrated strong front-end development skills especially concerning accessibility, extensibility, client-side computing, object-oriented design patterns, and object-oriented CSS
- Experience with SASS/Less/PostCSS Frameworks
- Understanding of key contributors to web performance and techniques to analyze and improve
- Familiar with and experienced in making use of open source components.
- Ability to address short term tactical requirements without losing site of the longer range strategic direction.
- Self-motivated and discipline to meet deadlines with speed, accuracy and professional attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Collaborative and a team player.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success.
- Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success
- Experience in leading technical teams and projects
- Expert full stack engineer - HTML/CSS, various frontend frameworks, React JS, Angular, Typescript, etc.
- Very strong analysis/troubleshooting skills, strong partnering/relationship building skill
- Bachelor's Degree in Consumer Science or related degreepreferred
Preferred Technical Skills
- Building business and enterprise roadmap
- Cloud hosting and application management (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Budgeting and project planning
- Experience with Test Automation, Continuous delivery and Continuous integration pipelines