Manager of Engineering
We are seeking a strong technical leader and motivator who owns and drives technical projects and provides leadership for groups of engineers in an innovative, productive and collaborative Agile environment. This role is responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
This role will support datacenter management plane team (Prism) in designing and implementing API infrastructure that enables developers to create and publish APIs.
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex technical projects and teams in the areas of API infrastructure, API governance, API extensibility, RBAC infrastructure, security, lifecycle management, self-service portal, etc.
- Live the Agile principles and create a high performing team through them
- Hire, mentor and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams
- Strong leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- That rare mix of intelligence, initiative, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of astute teams and individuals across the company
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record leading and building successful software teams
- 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years in a management role
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with web servers and REST APIs a plus
- Familiarity with a broad mix of technologies such as Zookeeper, Cassandra, Docker, Kafka, OpenStack
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (vSphere (ESX), Hyper-V, or KVM) and storage space
- Desirable: Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Desirable: Experience in Datacenter management or Cloud management space