What We Need
FLEETCOR is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as the Manager of Software Engineering. In this role, you will lead a cross-functional team of developers, an architect, quality engineers, and site reliability engineers, practicing robust agile methodologies. As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will play a critical role in delivering market-leading products for our Corpay line of business by focusing on the development and delivery of new APIs. You will report directly to the Director of Technology and will regularly collaborate with other Engineering managers and our Product Management organization. This position is remote, but is located in Brentwood, TN with most team members living in the Central and Eastern time zone.
How We Work
As a Manager of Software Engineering, you will be expected to work in a virtual environment. FLEETCOR will set you up for success by providing:
- Home office set up
- Company-issued equipment + remote access
- Monthly home internet stipend
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leadership: Lead and manage a talented cross-functional team of software engineers, architects, quality engineers, and site reliability engineers. Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to foster a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- API Development and Delivery: Take ownership of the delivery of new APIs that will be used internally by Corpay products as well as by our third-party partners. Utilize your expertise in building robust APIs and delivering them to market to ensure high-quality and scalable solutions.
- Agile Methodologies: Drive the adoption and implementation of robust agile practices within the team. Ensure that development processes are efficient, transparent, and consistently deliver value to the organization.
- Collaboration: Work closely with general managers and product managers to understand business requirements, product vision, and strategic goals. Collaborate with stakeholders to align technical efforts with overall business objectives.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrate a strong technical background in software engineering, API development, and architecture. Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team, promoting best practices and staying up-to-date with industry trends and advancements.
- Team Development: Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the team. Identify skill gaps and organize training sessions to enhance the team's capabilities.
- Quality and Reliability: Ensure that the team delivers high-quality, reliable, and performant APIs. Implement best practices for testing, monitoring, and maintaining the software products throughout their lifecycle.
- Innovation: Encourage a culture of innovation and creativity within the team. Explore new technologies, frameworks, and tools that can enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the development process.
- Manage Individual and Team Performance: Ensure our agile software team has all of the skills and abilities required for success. Recruit and mentor team members to bring required skillsets and experience into the team. Set goals, expectations, responsibilities, and targets. Help team members in advancing their skills to prepare for new career opportunities at FLEETCOR.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years overall experience in software development technologies.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designer, developing, testing, and maintaining complex frontend applications.
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineering Manager or similar leadership role.
- Strong background in building robust APIs and delivering them to market.
- Experience with Java and cloud-based technologies.
- Proficiency in agile methodologies and experience leading cross-functional agile teams in the usage of these methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of software development best practices, including software design, coding standards, code reviews, and version control.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience in the financial or payments industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership — Ability to effectively engage, influence and motivate a team through positive example, development and communication. The ability to delegate responsibility and work to others and coach them to develop their capabilities, provide feedback, share information, manage performance, set goals, motivate team and address performance problems.
- Engineering, Programming and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Writing computer programs for various purposes. Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes. Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, stories, and models.
- Critical Thinking, Reasoning and Persuasion— Using logic and reasoning to recognize details of situations, identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior or to try new approaches. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). Ability to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Advanced problem-solving skills in analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Professional level written and verbal communication skills and exceptional relationship building skills. Exceptional written and oral expression and comprehension, including excellent presentation skills with an ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits available the 1st month after hire.
- Automatic enrollment into our 401k plan (subject to eligibility requirements).
- Virtual fitness classes offered company-wide.
- Robust PTO offerings including: major holidays, vacation, sick, personal, & volunteer time.
- Employee discounts with major providers (i.e. wireless, gym, car rental, etc.).
- Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations.
- Fun culture with company-wide contests and prizes.
Our Company & Purpose
FLEETCOR is a global leader in business payments, laser focused on developing smarter ways for businesses to pay their expenses. Since 2000, FLEETCOR has developed innovative digital solutions that help businesses better track, manage, and pay their expenses. Today, FLEETCOR is an S&P 500 company with hundreds of thousands of customers using our products in over 100 countries. Companies of all sizes, industries and geographies rely on our product portfolio to manage spending more quickly, efficiently and securely than ever before.
We embrace a culture grounded in five key values: integrity, collaboration, innovation, execution and people. These values offer you the opportunity to ‘thrive & grow’ through career development, volunteer, community, and wellness initiatives. This allows you to create a balance between professional goals and personal achievement.
FLEETCOR is also committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” as FLEETCOR and its more than 8,000 employees continue to shape the future of global payments. Learn more by visiting www.FLEETCOR.com or following FLEETCOR on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.
#LI-MJ1 #INDTECH #LI-Remote #DICE