Manager of Engineering and Maintenance
Our client, a large manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Engineering professional to join their team, located in the Northeast Region of the US, to work in the capacity of Manager of Engineering and Maintenance. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the supervision of the engineering and maintenance staff that supports the daily operations of the facility, including process engineering, project engineering, and facilities maintenance operations. The ideal candidate will possess a depth and breadth of experience with the productivity and development of the employees with the purpose of ensuring that reliable and compliant equipment and systems are used in the manufacturing process.
*Partner with all site functional disciplines to support the site technical agenda, business plan priorities, and compliance plan objectives.
* Demonstrate Safety leadership and drive the culture of safety first - quality always
* Collaborate and partner with Operations, QA/QC, Regulatory, Supply Chain and Finance.
* Participate in Lead Team, metrics, Site reviews, Business Planning and own functional content
* Lead and support site and community engagement
* Supervise and coach process engineering staff, including setting team goals, completing performance reviews and establishing development plans
* Identify training requirements and develop the skill-set within the engineering group to support existing and new technologies
* Demonstrate a commitment to environmental, health, and safety
* Identify, track, and report key indicators of functional performance
* Develop KPIs that drive continuous improvement in the performance of services provided
Best Industry ? Industrial, Manufacturing
Best Department ? Engineering
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related engineering or scientific discipline is required.
5 - 7 years or experience in a similar role such as Maintenance and/or Engineer Manager, TSMS Manager, and Quality Manager in a regulated manufacturing facility is required.
Ability to ensure appropriate technical depth and rigor with departmental technical deliverables
Successful application of organizational models through recruiting and retention of employees
Experience providing innovative solutions to plant, divisional, and corporate issues and leverage ideas from other functional areas is required.
Experience leading and managing a team of 5 or more direct reports with hire/fire responsibilities is required.
Experience in Equipment Reliability, Commissioning, Qualification, and Capital Project management is required.
Knowledge of the principles and guidelines of CFR 9 and the USDA is required.
Knowledge of freeze drier, fermentation, and fill line technologies is a plus, but not required.
Understanding of validation activities associated with vaccine process, technology transfer and process validation is required.
Exposure and experience with Lean -Six sigma principles is required.
Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.) is required.
Up to 15% Regional/Domestic travelrequired.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.