Are you an experienced Data leader with a desire to grow and develop teams? Are you passionate about an opportunity to promote an insights-driven data culture? American Century Investments has an opportunity just for you!
We are hiring an experienced Manager of Data Services to join our growing Data Management and Architecture team. In this role, you will plan, lead and provide direct development and work activities of the data services delivery and support team. You will partner with one or more functional areas within the business and direct the development and support of major data systems.
- Provide leadership and management support for data engineers, including mentorship, team building, setting expectations & performance appraisal, salary administration and staff development.
- Lead project delivery. Plan and coordinate staffing requirements, scheduling and projects. Review performance, quality, budget, organization and standards of the development team efforts.
- Provide consultation to business partners on projects, opportunities and challenges. Participate in enterprise prioritization process to represent the business needs and gain consensus for allocation of resources to complete the work.
- Participate on the Data and Architecture leadership team. Actively influence strategic direction and architecture for the Data Services organization and ensure all tactics are in support of the long-term strategy. Prepare and implement departmental goals and objectives. Assist in the development of the IT department budget.
- Improve the efficiency, cost effectiveness and quality of the Information Technology department and business area.
- Able to develop business, technical, and application architecture
- Designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud services including serverless, orchestration, IAC, information security
- 5+ years of experience in object or functional programming languages – Java, Scala, Python
- 5+ years of experience with AWS services including CFT, S3, Lambda, IAM, EMR, and KMS
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience implementing data pipelines via methods such as ETL, ELT, EL/TL, DaaS, Data Lake, or ODS
- 5+ years of experience using SDLC and Agile
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS Technologies such as Netezza, Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle
- 5+ years of ESB/Messaging/Integration tools such as Kafka or SQS
- DevOps experience with Git, build, artifact/package management, and deploy automation
- Demonstrable ability to lead and mentor in a multi-functional team environment including varied business units, vendors, countries and cultures
- Architecture – Event Driven Design, APIs, Micro services, stateless/chaos
- Experience with advanced analytics tools and languages such as R, Python, Java, SAS, and others
- Test automation design and implementation experience
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, TSQL, SSIS, or Matillion
- 1+ years of data visualization with tools such as Tableau, or QuickSight
- Experience in dealing with financial product datasets
- Experience working in a SSAE 16 or similar level of controls environment
- Experience in data modeling, schema design/development, and dimensional modeling
- AWS Certification
- TOGAF Certification
- Experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud services in AWS ecosystem including EC2, Kinesis, ECS, ELB
- Normal office environment.
- Core office hours 8:00a.m. – 5:30p.m. Some evening work may be required.
- 24x7 on call rotations