MGM Resorts International’s Advanced Analytics team is looking for a manager of Data Science who will be responsible for building data driven solutions to improve business decisions across the organization. This role requires an excellent collaborator, communicator and analyst with extensive hands-on data and process management experience. The successful candidate is a problem solver in a fast-moving and highly diverse environment and will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timeliness are not compromised. Above all this individual enjoys and thrives on data-mining and analysis, and is capable of deriving insight and providing future recommendations based on data analysis.
Analytics Process Design
- Design and maintain highly scalable data pipelines to reduce data redundancy or inconsistency.
- Identify and locate relevant information; convert raw data into formats using data manipulation, data cleansing techniques and fuzzy matching to maximize data efficiency servicing predictive model development.
- Manage data movement from original data sources into noSQL data lakes and cloud environments.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing data structures.
Analytics Model Development
- Develop predictive and optimization models; measure model performance and validity using statistical techniques.
- Develop machine learning applications, and broad knowledge of machine learning APIs and open source libraries.
- Design full stack machine learning solutions in a distributed computational environment.
- Develop fundamental Natural Language Processing/Text Mining technologies like sentiment analysis and topic modeling.
- Perform demand forecast and revenue optimization using time series analysis to identify trend.
- Design, document, deploy and maintain analytical reports utilizing data manipulation techniques to demonstrate KPIs.
- Analyze data from various sources to infer, predict and recommend relevant and actionable insights.
- Translate complex dataset, statistical analysis and models into web based graphs or interactive reports.
- Document business processes using tools such as Visio, Project and Powerpoint etc.
- Provide analytical strategies to maximize KPI including adjusting offer aggressiveness and contact strategy through marketing campaigns with budget control.
- Construct plans for projects including campaign testing and model development by defining scope, resources, timeline and evaluation measurement.
- Control risks and problems with actionable solutions and reflect modifications efficiently during projects execution process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, MIS, Statistics, Engineering, Business Administrations or similar technical field.
- At least 4 years of experience in Marketing Analytics, Revenue Optimization, statistics, econometrics, machine learning, and/or operations research.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, MIS, Statistics, Engineering, Business Administrations (MBA) or similar technical fields.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.