ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The role of IT goes beyond the traditional Information Technology “service provider.” Many of the innovative ideas and projects that shape the company’s future and move SCE forward are dependent on technology. IT employees are at the heart of these projects, collaborating, designing and executing technology solutions that are transforming our industry.
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing operational and technical leadership in support of the Grid Data Center Operations supporting a broad range of technical areas including servers, storage, data center infrastructure, networks, cabling, and logistics. Additionally, you will be responsible for the operations in the support, maintenance, deployment, upgrade and optimization of infrastructure. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities, while maintaining availability and uptime.
- Plans, develops, and implement strategies in support of monitoring, maintaining reliability, availability, security, and quality of the overall infrastructuresupporting the Power Systems Control.
- Actively manages the provisioning of users across relevant platforms and applications. Coordinates resources to manage patching and administration of operating systems. Including NERC-CIP compliance controls and evidence. Manages client communications and coordinates resolution of operational events and problems. Contributes to and maintains accountability to maximize availability of the Control System to the client.
- Fosters partnerships with clients/vendors and manages strategic relationships with key IT product and service providers. Develops relationships that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness. Balances individual client needs with business priorities ensuring alignment with business strategies and objectives.
- Develops long-term plans for power systems controls/SCADA systems and equipment requirements necessary to enable future smart grid technologies. Develops long-term forecasts for capital and O&M budgets which contribute to maintaining and enhancing company-wide SCADA systems as well as testimony for the General Rate Case (GRC). Ensures budget is monitored monthly and compliance reporting is maintained. Manages IT resource requirements to ensure appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands.
- Five or more years of experience leading a team, unit, or department supporting IT Data Center Infrastructure
- Two or more years of experience with supporting Supervisory Controls and Data Acquisition Infrastructure (SCADA)
- Must have valid U.S. Drivers License
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5years of experience in managing a Power Systems Control group
- Knowledge of Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) practices, processes and principles
- 3years of experience in a regulated utility environment
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Position will require local travel
- Relocation may apply to this position”
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.