Univision has entered into a joint venture with silent Technology and Sports Rights investor(s) to launch, a subscription business which will totally redefine the soccer experience for the 40M+ of soccer fans in the USA through the delivery of multi-media content via a digital platform.
The lead of Data Analytics will oversee digital analytics for the OTT platform and is responsible for generating powerful insights from data to identify opportunities and drive continuous innovation.
The ideal candidate will have experience in leveraging data from an audience base to make great things happen. He must also be a strategic planner and digital/technical expert.
He will have prior experience in launching products in a start-up environment, demonstrated expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies in addition to technology directions and strategic applications to fulfill business needs.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade the team.
- Apply data mining techniques, do statistical analysis, and build high-quality prediction systems integrated with our product.
- Develop and maintain the reporting system, presenting insights to senior management
- Discover information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help make smarter decisions to deliver the best product possible
- Build templates, dashboards in Excel or on another third-party analytics tool for operational and management reporting
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to schedulecampaigns and activities and track performance
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, data science or related field
- 5 years or more of related work experience in a highly quantitative environment
- Product design experience with a focus on software products and technologies
- Proven ability to analyze large datasets and identify actionable insights within an online consumer-facing digital product
- Experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency with at least one scriptinglanguage such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of an analysis tool such as R / Matlab etc.
- Experience working with large data sets, experienceworking with distributed computing tools a plus (Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Experience in mobilerequired
- Sports background a plus but not a requirement
- Solid understanding of social medialandscape and applications, especially best practice usage
- Spanish Language fluency and passion for soccer are a plus
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, and meet deadlines
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment that provides regular challenges
- Must operate with an insatiable appetite for learning, sharing new trends in digital media