The Manager of Contracts is responsible for evaluation Request for Proposals, negotiating contracts and associated business risks, executing contract modifications, and negotiating Terms and Conditions.
Successful candidate should have experience in administering various types of Contracts (CPFF/CPIF/CPAF/FFP, and Time & Material) in accordance with the rules and regulations specified in the contract, as well as the policies and procedures of Oceaneering International. The Manager of Contracts should also possess good written and verbal communication skills, customer relations, attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
The Manager of Contracts will be responsible for contracts with a higher dollar value and with increased visibility throughout the division. The Manager of Contracts is ultimately responsible for the contractual risks of all programs in the OTECH Division. This position directly supervises the OTECH Contracts Department and assures the department meets the goals and objectives of the corporation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Manager of Contracts will also provide contracts advice and support to the Vice President/General Manager, OTECH and his associated Department Heads.
- Supervise Contracts Managers, Contracts Administrators, and Subcontracts Administrators. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The Manager of Contracts is responsible for training the Contracts Department so they are well-versed on current contract rules and regulations.
- Work with the Program Manager to prepare bid packages, including a Statement of Work and terms and conditions, as well as the FAR/DFAR flow down clauses for the procurement of equipment and services.
- Execute Proprietary Information Exchange Agreements and Teaming Agreements.
- Must be able to work independently and as an integral member of the OTECH team, interacting daily with a variety of levels of management both within the company and within customer organizations.
- Must actively participate in small to large proposal teams.
- DoD / Commercial contracts experience is required.
- There will be occasions when candidate may perform other special projects or duties as required by the OTECH VP/GM.
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize multiple programs is essential
- Program-related travel may be required, as well as overtime work on major proposals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to VP & General Manager of OTECH
- B.S. or B.A. required.
- Master’s Degree desirable.
- Twenty to twenty-five years of experience in Contracts Administration and/or Purchasing.
- Experience in administering various types of Contracts (CPFF/CPIF/CPAF/FFP, and Time & Material)
- Strong supervisory/mentoring skills and proven experience as a supervisor or team lead of Contract Managers and Staff.
- Strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs / DFARs) and related Government regulations and practices as well as general commercial contracting principles.
- Strong service-oriented approach to internal and external customers
- Ability to analyze cost and negotiate all contract types to include Cost, Time and Materials, Fixed Price, and variations thereof is required.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) status and National Contract Management Association (NCMA) membership a plus.
- General Financial and Proposal work experience.