Manager of Continuous Improvement
Our client, a large manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Engineering professional to join their team, located in Chicago, IL, to work in the capacity of Manager of Continuous Improvement. The chosen candidate will be responsible for delivering continuous improvement to finishing operations. Your primary responsibility will be to assess their processes and machine capabilities and identify/measure areas to drive sustainable improvement in cost/spend, yield, throughput, delay, quality, and speed ? and then lead/direct resources to address opportunities in a systematic fashion.
The ideal candidate should be a seasoned continuous improvement and operational excellence professional that can assess our machine performance and drive sustainable improvement to machine capabilities in the areas of cost, yield, throughput, delay, quality, and speed. We are candidates out of transferable industries/manufacturing environments - paper, steel, building products.
*Assess current state of operations at all sites and identify/measure opportunities to step change machine performance through engineering, capital investment, or process change.
* Estimate the cost of addressing, and develop a decision making framework and process to prioritize opportunities.
* Direct and facilitate the allocation of internal resources and capital expenditures designed to address these opportunities.
* Scope and assess solutions to be implemented include, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical engineering, production scheduling, process change, and capital investments.
* Provide guidance to operations management teams on processes and protocols for running the lines that lead to improved operational performance.
* Install system for sharing best practices between plants
* Partner with Supply Chain team to enhance planning and scheduling capabilities and processes
* Partner with the EH&S team to ensure zero harm program compliant within Operations
* Partner with National Quality manager to deliver products that meet organizational expectations
* Collaborate with the Reliability team to execute the Maintenance and Reliability Program
Best Industry ? Manufacturing
Best Department ? Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Engineering, or Supply Chain or a related discipline is required. MS Degree or partial completion of MBA is a plus. Certified in Six Sigma or LEAN operating principles is required.
10 or more years of overall Engineering or Supply Chain Management experience is required.
5 ? 7 years of experience in an operational leadership role w proven track record of driving continuous improvement to manufacturing operations.
Experience in ERP system software including TM1 Web and SAP is preferred.
Building, manufacturing or industrial sector experience is required.
Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal) are required.
Proficiency utilizing MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and MS Project) is required.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking is required.
Domestic Travel of 50% - 75% will be required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.