This position will be responsible for managing our Engineering and Construction team in West Valley City, UT. Our Engineering and Construction team is responsible for building out our network in a given territory and will be a highly visible position as well as being customer facing. The Manager of Construction Engineering will be reponsible for Inside Plant and Outside Plant Engineering, and will have direct reports that are a combination of Engineer I's, Engineer II's, and Construction Project Administrators.
- Manager will be responsible for managing people, budgets, and customer commitments for a desginated territory.
- Manage and supervise staff by appraising performance, training, administering salaries, and communicating department objectives.
- Must be accessible 24 X 7 X 365.
- Drive continued training on new systems, improve processes and procedures and push initiatives throughout the organization.
- Help support both CTL engineering teams and engineering contractors with quality and following of processes and productivity.
- Participate in the process of negotiating and or bidding of projects with vendors/contractors for theconstruction/installation of OSP facilities.
- Responsible for capital and expense budgets to support area along with meeting and exceeding requiredbuild schedules for FTTP, FTTT, Ethernet, GPON, CAF II, Vectoring and business as usual work including growth, rehab, road moves and preservation work.
- Communicate results of cost analysis and provide direction on implementation and the network impact related to major plant additions and rearrangements.
- Continue an outstanding working relationship with the RP/GM Operations Team along with leading/supportMarket Meetings.
- Drive decisions to lowest level possible to drive towards a local model.
- Lead and support local virtual team.
- Manage and direct plans and specifications to provide high quality service within established time frames and to meet defined financial criteria.
- Serve as the interface on construction matters helping to ensure conformance to established practices and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and training.
- 5-7 years of telecommunications engineering and construction knowledge and experience.
- 2+ year of previous supervisory or leadership experience.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required, including experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures, including underground, buried and aerial construction of copper and fiber facilities. Central office, road moves, routing and switching experiencerequired.
- Previous experience with supervision of individual contributor level employees.
- Experience with FireWorks/BidMaster, WFMT, NDS, and other CenturyLink proprietary systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Experience supervising organized labor employees preferred.
- Prior experience with budgeting, staffing, and project management is preferred.