This position will be responsible for OSP Engineering for Montana. This position will be responsible for approximately 13 to 15 direct report employees. Must have strong leadership skills to manage People, Budgets and Customer Commitments. Manage and supervise staff by appraising performance, training, administering salaries, and communicating department objectives. Support CenturyLink Unifying Principles. Must be accessible 24 X 7 X 365. Drive continued training on new systems. Help support both CTL Engineering teams and Engineering contractors with quality and following of processes and productivity. Participate in the process ofnegotiating and or bidding of projects with vendors/contractors for the construction/installation of OSP facilities. Responsible for capital and expense budgets to support area along with meeting and exceeding required build schedules for FTTN, FTTT, CDFS, GPON and business as usual work including growth, rehab, road moves and preservation work. Communicate results of cost analysis and provide direction on implementation and thenetwork impact related to major plant additions and rearrangements. Continue an outstanding working relationship with the RP/GM Operations Team along with leading/support Market Meetings. Drive decisions to lowest level possible to drive towards a local model. Lead and support local virtual team. Manage and direct plans and specifications to provide high quality service within established time frames and to meet defined financial criteria. Serve as the interface on construction matters helping to ensure conformance to established practices and procedures.
Provide management and direction for the Network Services disciplines within the Market charter to determine and define plant requirements and engineer solutions to meet requested service requirements.
Implement the strategies and plans to accomplish the Telephone Group objectives in the capital constructionprogram.
Prepare plans and specifications to provide high quality service within established time frames and to meet defined financial criteria.
Serve as the interface between the region and division on engineering and construction matters helping toensure conformance to established practices and procedures for the engineering and construction of telephone plant
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Manage and administer the engineering and construction activities to provide an efficient operation toprovide quality service in a timely manner.
- Prepare plans and specifications on all projects within the market to support the development of thecapital construction budget.
- Participate in the process of negotiating and or bidding of projects with vendors/contractors for theconstruction/installation of plant facilities.
- Provide Network Services engineers guidelines and direction on designs and plans to evaluate and implement new services, technologies, and products within established standards.
- Manage and supervise the development and maintenance of engineering and construction cost analysis to provide the basis for engineering estimates and contract awards on a Market level.
- Ensure the plans and specifications created by Network Services support approved business strategies and provide a platform that is scaleable and migratable to support future service requirements.
- Provide recommendations for necessary training for engineering staff.
- Ensure CenturyLink System Practices are communicated and adhered to.
- Stay abreast of industry issues and technologies through continuing education and actively participate in state and local industry committees/forums.
- Manage and supervise staff by appraising performance, training, administering salaries, and communicating department objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree with in Engineering or related field or the equivalent in training and experience
- Minimum 7-9 years inside & outside plant experience in telecommunications with in-depth knowledge ofISP/OSP equipment, designs,
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures, including underground, buried and aerial construction of copper and fiber facilities. Central office, road moves, routing and switching experiencerequired.
- Well-defined inter-personal skills with ability to positively interact with company personnel, as well as, external contacts
- Proven ability to build and maintain high-performance teams