Minneapolis - Minneapolis, MN
4 Year Degree
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The Manager of Compensation and HR Metrics is responsible for designing, evaluating, and implementing compensation plans and programs within specific locations and divisions as well as across the organization as a whole. Primary focus is on Compensation but will also be responsible for managing and administering HR Metrics.
- Conduct internal and external market research, analyze competitive position and market trends, and make recommendations for base salary structures, market adjustments, and variable pay programs.
- Determine market data strategy; participate in both domestic and global salary surveys; analyze results from surveys to determine the organizations' market competitiveness and implement those recommendations.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with HR partners and business leaders at all domestic and international locations; provide consultation and support to clients regarding compensation issues/questions such as recommending new hire offers, internal promotions and reviewing internal equity at specific locations and across the organization.
- Manage the annual compensation planning processes (merit & Management Incentive Plan).
- Manage executive compensation salary administration including but not limited to: benchmarking best practices.
- Partnering with General Counsel, VP of Finance and Controller on equity administration. Maintain relationship with equity administrator and assist with data flow from HRIS to broker. Answer employee questions about stock option awards (ISOs).
- Proxy statement support and compensation communication such as total compensation statements for executives.
- Conduct research and analysis and assist with preparation of materials for the Executive Resource Committee (ERC).
- Collect data on compensation practices and trends; keep current on regulations affecting plan design and delivery.
- Develop training and communications to educate leaders on the organizations' compensation philosophy, programs, and practices.
- May assist with the design incentive plans for the global sales and marketing organizations.
- Management Annual Survey.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Compensation with increasing scope of responsibilities (7 plus stronglypreferred).
- Detailed experience with one of the following is required: executive compensation, incentive compensation design, or international compensation. Sales incentive design and administration experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of equity / Long-Term Incentives (LTIs).
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with changing priorities.
- Previous experience in a small company/entrepreneurial culture or one with a strong M&A culture is a definite asset.
- Business savvy, decisive and consultative personality with the ability to translate business priorities into effective reward programs which drive results.
- Comfortable designing, implementing and maintaining compensation policies and programs.
- Strong knowledge of market pricing, variable pay programs, job evaluation principles and methodologies, and performance management practices. Experience using Radford a plus.
- Knowledge of legal, finance, tax and accounting principles as they relate to executive and base salarycompensation programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a concise and meaningful manner to all levels of employees including executives.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities under tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and a high level of confidentiality.
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. This position will require very limited travel (domestic but couldrequire international) so must be able to fly and navigate from airport to hotel and to company locations.