Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with the various teams across athenaPeople (HR, Benefits, Recruiting, L&D, Facilities, etc.) to support athenahealth’s business applications by advising best practices, recommending process improvements and implementing system enhancements that advance the goals of the business.
- Gather, analyze and document functional and technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users.
- Perform application configuration and customization activities in Workday, Kenexa BrassRing, Kronos and other related enterprise systems.
- Partner with business stakeholders to analyze, understand and improve operations that increase employee productivity and end-user effectiveness.
- Create business process models using best practice techniques, including current and future state solution design documents using requirements gathered.
- Research production system issues as they arise and manage the process through to problem resolution, including necessary communications to stakeholders and employees.
- Create and execute unit, integration and user acceptance test plans, including use case and test data creation.
- Act as the project technical lead to help scope projects and ensure that the delivered solution fulfills the needs of the stakeholders.
- Configure system integrations, including understanding both source/target data and any transformation or mappings needed.
- Create and deliver functional documentation for HRIS and related applications that support business
- Manage backlog of production issues and enhancement requests using the company’s service desk.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to transform business requirements into system improvements that ultimately advance the initiatives of a growing organization. The attributes of the successful candidate are described here:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, mathematics, computer science or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience implementing and supporting enterprise business applications.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in cloud-based HRIS application design and implementation.
- Experience with Workday HCM and/or Kenexa BrassRing is ideal, but not mandatory.
- Strong and effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate with team members and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Precise attention to detail with a positive attitude and healthy sense of humor.
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and investigative skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment preferred.