This position is located in Anchorage, Alaska, and is dedicated to our Alaska Medicaid behavioral health business. The position participates in the local operational leadership team with staff supervision responsibility and plan chief technology responsibilities. The position will work with local operational staff, corporate technology teams, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services staff and Alaska behavioral health provider staff.
- Implement effective working partnerships with internal stakeholders and external customers to ensure data and technology needs are identified and reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure high quality of customer and internal leadership reporting and encounter data development. Assist with directing and supporting hands-on analysis and interpretation of data.
- Provider leadership to and be accountable for the performance of the small team of professional reporting staff supporting duties in reporting, analytics, quality assurance and technology for the plan.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant software and databases (e.g. SQL, SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Access, Hyperion, Tableau, Excel, SharePoint).
- Facilitate all local information technology issue resolution and system changes.
- Implement corrective action plans to resolve issues related to data quality and information technology systems.
- Maintain project portfolio and priorities with local business leadership. Develop and manage work plans and productions schedules for team utilizing work sprints and tracking of work requests.
- Ensure report development adheres to the principles of software lifecycle development including quality testing, user testing/approval, and documentation.
- Implement processes and training to ensure that external releases are validated by internal stakeholder prior to release.
- Ensure that metric standards are adhered to when new reports are being developed.
- As needed assist the business owner in analysis of data and in the creation of presentation materials to summarize or highlight results.
- Ensure results are distributed according to service level agreements (e.g. deadlines, performance guarantees, reporting channels and portals).
- Identify and provide opportunities for staff development including software training, mentorship, developer forums, etc.
- Support statewide provider forums using WebEx & Teleconferencing technology to facilitate electronic health record adoption by behavioral health providers and advise on technology
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in data analytics and report development, in healthcare, financial, or other service industries.
- Experience documenting business requirements and workflows.
- 1 or more year of experience completing hands-on, enterprise scale, complex data analysis.
- 1 or more year experience constructing complex SQL queries and SQL Reporting/Analysis Tools.
- Report development experience using applicable tools (for example, SQL Reporting Tools; SSRS; SSIS; Brio/Hyperion; Crystal Reports; Tableau).
- 2 or more years of leadership experience in a Team Lead, Supervisory, or formal management capacity.
- Master's degree in Computer Science strongly preferred.
- 3 or more years managing direct reports.
- 2 or more years working with mid- and senior-level customers.
- Working knowledge of healthcare claim & clinical systems.
- Behavioral Healthcare and Medicaid systems experience.
- Dashboarding and visualization technologies experience.
- 2 or more years of Enterprise Data Warehouse Reporting methodologies and practice experience.
- Experience with data base administration and/or business intelligence.