Manager of Business Development
Our client is seeking an experience business development professional to join their team, located in Suburban Chicago, IL to work in the capacity of Manager of Business Development. The chosen candidate will take ownership and responsibility for promotion and sales growth goals for a Power product portfolio which is based on PowerFlex? AC/DC and Medium Voltage Drives. This would also include Intellicenter? Motor Control Centers, along with a complete line of complementary products. The ideal candidate should be a domain expert in the area of Drives and Power standards and applications. S/He will lead a team of automation engineers specializing in supporting our customer?s application need in the Drives and MCC area. You must possess experience working in collaboration and partnership an Automation team to develop commercial programs, strategic initiatives, and to enable continued growth in this product segment.
- Collaborate with sales force and business partners to provide technical expertise, sales presentations, and product demonstrations
- Analyze market conditions, develop business plans Motivate, support, and lead outside sales force to proactively implement the business plans.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support as required for Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley products & services.
- Call on customers such as engineers and management personnel at Industrial End-User and OEM organizations to convince prospective clients of desirability of products and services offered.
- Develop and implement strategic sales and marketing programs to achieve corporate goals.
Best Industry ? Industrial Automation, Electronics, Engineering
Best Department ? Business Development
Associates Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline is required. BS Degree is a plus, but not required.
5 ? 10 years of industrial automation or engineering industry knowledge including suppliers, customers and competitors is required.
Strong business analysis, financial modeling and negotiation skills is required
Ability to initiate and develop relationships with key decision makers both inside and outside the company
Ability to spot new business opportunities and quickly evaluate opportunities
Ability to analyze financial and operational data, statements and projections is required.
Ability to identify and cultivate external resources
Ability to accurately recognize when request additional company resources
Ability to establish a relationship of trust
Ability to learn complex technical information quickly
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to simultaneously manage several projects
Strong communication skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.) is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.