Saint Louis, MO
Industry: Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous•
8 - 10 years
Posted 415 days agoby Matty Meyerberg
As part of the Aluminum Commercial Team, the New Business Development Manager will capture business opportunities with customers and markets not currently served by the Aluminum business unit. This role will need to closely coordinate with current Sales Managers, technical experts, the marketing group, and other key stakeholders. This person will assess & analyze potential and existing markets to build a new business growth strategy for the Aluminum Business Unit, and with support from the commercial and operations team, will manage the delivery of the new business development strategy.
· Partner closely with OEM's to convert current material supply choices (e.g. secondary to primary Al, Cu to Al)
· Work with current and potential customers to incorporate Al Solutions into the design phase of key OEM projects
· Identify and develop markets and connections for new product developments
· Develop export markets for applicable products
· Travel to new and existing customer locations, and industry events as required
· Develop, propose and recommend a new business strategy by working withinternal and external networks, work with teams to execute on said strategy
· New and existing market data analysis as required to build and sustain the new business development strategy
· Negotiation with new or existing customers on products, pricing and the overall development process
· Develop and manage relationships within the Auto OEM space (and others) to build and execute current and future new business development plans
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Marketing or similar degree.
· 8+ years commodity industry experience in a commercial or analytical role.
· MBA or advanced degreepreferred
· Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills with experience developing and executing go to market strategies and collateral support needs.
· Exceptional execution and influencing skills necessary to deliver customer and market plans
· Solid financial acumen to translate plans and actions into business impact.
· Experience translating financial data into business solutions, while identifying trends and forecasting.
· Demonstrated emotional intelligence, self-motivated and driven.
· Knowledge of Aluminum industry, strong technical knowledge
· Knowledge of automotive industry
· Demonstrated career progression in the sales and marketing functions with a strong customer orientation
· Proven ability to establish customer contract strategies and then successfully negotiate a contract
· International business experience
· Globally mobile