We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; not-for-profit organizations; and high net-worth individuals and family groups. When you choose CBIZ & MHM New England, you get proactive, accessible professionals who communicate in understandable terms, and deliver practical solutions on time, with no surprises, to help your organization thrive.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Work with local office leadership and the Director of Business Development to create and execute a sales strategy for the assigned territory
- Conduct and report on sales activity within assigned territory
- Coordinate with Client Service groups to develop and execute sales campaigns under the direction of the Director of Business Development.
- Identify and qualify sales opportunities through relationships, sales campaign activity, or other sales activity
- Work with local and regional leadership to identify pursuit team members and client relationship owner
- Identify and develop Business Development Manager sales skills for more effective business growth strategies
- Accompany Business Managers on development calls.
- Setting business strategies and methods of marketing penetration, while showcasing CBIZ's competitive market distinction
- Participate in new business forecasting, planning and goal-setting
- Share in the development of sales team
- Maintain current sales and marketing campaigns designed to grow business
- Continually generate qualified sales opportunities through prospecting, networking and through existing client referrals
- Maintain strong relationship with internal stakeholders
- Responsible for meeting annual sales goals if applicable to position
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Has a background in selling Financial Services in the B2B space
- Has worked in a sales capacity in the NYC area focused on selling services to the corporate structure
- Is familiar with Accounting Services
- Has a background in serving a solid network of CFOs, PE firms, Manufacturing companies or Not for profits.
- Has significant Sales training.
- Works well in a team selling environment.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in business administration or accounting
- Proven sales ability represented by a minimum of three years of direct sales experience
- Possess industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus presentation skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and to multi-task