The Manager of Business Analysis is primarily responsible for leading and developing the business analysis team of the Finance Department. As the lead manager of the team the role provides coaching and mentoring of direct reports to successfully engage the various operational areas of the mill and maintain a contributing liaison role with each of the key operational areas.
The Manager of Business Analysis provides operations management with financial support via analysis, recommendations and observations. Proactive participation in the business system design and implementation that affect the business segment is expected.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data and recommends plans.
- Liaise with business segment management by monitoring operation activity and financial implication to successfully engage the various function areas of the mill in the achievement of financial objectives; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Seek out and prioritize business process improvement opportunities that eliminate non-value added work and redundant efforts.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Collaborate with operations team on a regular basis and set goals to achieve in the day to day functions of the support of operations.
- Work with operations on their analysis and reporting as a means of maintaining speed and accuracy.
- Organizes and liaises with finance and accounting in respect to analysis, reporting and system changes necessary to keep pace with rapidly changing business model.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides Mill Controller with backup coverage as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 8+ years of accounting experience required
- 10+ years of professional work experience required.
- MBA and/or professional certification is preferred
- Experience with integrated manufacturing and accounting systems a plus