The Manager of Big Data Analytics (BDA) is responsible for structuring, driving and delivering key insights to the business based on sophisticated, complex data science analyses. The Manager of BDA is responsible for helping drive the future of Big Data Analytics at Wawa, exploring and bringing new methods, tools to the organization and working with external partners, other teams, i.e., IT and Finance, to help define the parameters, scope and the foundation for best practice, long term Big Data Analytics goals. The Manager of BDA will be responsible for managing the BDA team and will work closely with the CSO to identify issues and opportunities related to BDA and the overall company strategy.
- Lead, scope, structure, prioritize, drive and deliver key insights to the business based on sophisticated, complex data science analyses.
- Drive the future of Big Data Analytics at Wawa, explore and bring new methods, tools to the organization and help them become mainstream.
- Partner with other teams external and internal, e.g., IT and Finance, to help define the parameters, scope and the foundation for best practice, long term Big Data Analytics goals.
- Work with business partners to build the infrastructure and develop the cross functional understanding necessary to promote an analytics and data driven decision making process. Share and communicate relevant information and data driven insights across the organization.
- Coordinate and engage key stakeholders e.g., Marketing, to align, scope, deliver and properly communicate BDA insights, building strong long term partnership relationships.
- Understand Wawa's business well and be able to engage at a senior management level.
- Manage the BDA team, having the right technical and people management skills to help drive BDA on a day-to-day basis and translate its output to the business. Ensure skills evolve and feedback is provided.
- Manage and oversee the department and project budgets.
- Work closely with the CSO to identify short and long term opportunities related to BDA and the overall company strategy.
- Provide overall direction and support for team and monitor and assess individual work in accordance with high standards of excellence; Provide feedback, coaching, support, opportunities for development, complete performance appraisals, take corrective action when appropriate, and participate in hiring decisions.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization both orally and in writing.
- Strong business acumen and ability to prioritize, be pragmatic and draw insights from complex analyses and ask questions to identify business risks and opportunities.
- Exceptional leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Able to handle ambiguity and imperfect information to drive results
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Organize, plan and manage projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and teamwork.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, build and sustain great relationships
- Strategic understanding of broader organization goals and how they connect to BDA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Data Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, Finance or related field preferred; Master of Science, PHD or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Financial Analysis field.
- Prior experience in project management.
- Proficient on presentation skills – orally and written
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office suite applications
- BI and advanced analytic tool experience; certifications a plus