Manager of Audit - Information Systems
The Manager of Information Systems Audit will provide management and oversight of the Information System/Operational Audit Team at Compassion’s headquarters. The incumbent collaborates with global leaders to coordinate audit activities throughout Compassion’s operations. His or her team uses their passion and skills to facilitate organizational accountability and integrity through a variety of audit-related activities including information system audits, global process audits, supporting management requests, and investigations. The leader collaborates across multiple functions and cultures as their team provides assurance around the effectiveness and efficiency of Compassion’s information systems and operations. The leader applies their strong, professional information system/internal audit background and operational experience to bring an enterprise perspective to their audit team's successful achievement of department responsibilities. The incumbent develops his or her people to understand information systems, global operations, enterprise risk management, and the control framework. The Manager of Information Systems Audit’s overall responsibilities include working closely with the Audit Management Team to ensure successful implementation of departmental practices within the approved budget, aligning work to support organizational strategy. His or her people management responsibilities include hiring, coaching, performance management, discipline, and termination, as well as, assigning, checking, and approving work.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department's purpose is fulfilled.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Provide ongoing management and development of the overall Information Systems audit strategy and framework. Responsible for providing input and guidance on organizational Information System risks and develops the annual Information System audit plan.
- Provides professional, insightful recommendations concerning key decisions on Compassion's standards, controls, programs, and processes in regards to Information Systems. Implements initiatives to improve consistency, scalability, quality and efficiency of Information Systems audits; provides opinion and assurance on control framework issues, including: internal policies and procedures, industry standards and requirements, and regulatory requirements.
- Partners with ministry leaders, managers, and otheraudit and risk management professionals, furthering collaboration across functions to plan and manage audits that review supporting documents for Compassion operations to ensure organizational accountability and integrity and maintain operational excellence.
- Working through subordinate professional staff, leads audits and investigations in a manner that builds partnership with Compassion and Partners and is successful in identifying root causes that can be corrected to ensure ongoing improvement and future successes.
- May travel to Compassion project sites to participate in or lead the audit operational and information systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance and general management practices. Ensures that audits are conducted in a facilitative manner, emphasizing opportunities for training and development of ministry partner workers.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- 7 years minimum of operational and/or information systems auditing exp. strongly preferred
- Requires experience working in an Audit department auditing IT/other information systems.
- Strong experience partnering with cross functional/cultural teams. Proven ability to manage team of professional auditors
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.