Myticas Consulting is currently looking for an experienced Manager of Applications Development within the Ottawa region.
The candidate will be primary responsible for the design, development and support of the clients large enterprise applications. The Application Development Team delivers enterprise-level applications including custom applications (driven from requirements of the clients’ user community), extensions of existing Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications, as well as integrations between systems/applications.
The candidate is accountable for effectively guiding and managing the Application Development team by planning, coordinating and monitoring team activities, resources and the performance of personnel.
- Proven substantial experience in a similar managerial position. Experience would be preferable in a higher education or other organizationally relevant environment.
- Theory and principles of computer science, in particular, the methodologies, procedures and practices of application systems development.
- Management theory, principles and practices: particularly with respect to application development.
- Supervision and resource management (planning, budgeting, performance measurement) of at least 10+ technical team members.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Desktop automation tools (word processing, presentation software, spreadsheet).
- Ability to supervise, organize and prioritize the work of others, including budgeting, staffing, application of collective agreements.
- Project management skills and use of project planning tools and methods.
To apply for the opportunity, send us a detailed version of your CV in confidence. Our IT staffing team will follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.