Manager of Analytics
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
The Manager of Analytics isresponsible for developing, coordinating, managing, and producing the analytical environment for TD Bank N.A.Retail Creditportfolios to achieve Financial (measurement, forecasts and businessbudgets) and Credit estimates that supportportfolio and executive strategies and decisions.
In accordance with the governing principles outlined in the TD EnterpriseRisk Appetite Statement and the framework documented in theRetail CreditRisk Management Mandate, the Manager of Analytics isresponsible to effectively manage, monitor and controlrisk of theretaillending segments within TD Bank.
• Mentors and supervises retail credit risk analysts, provides leadership direction and answering questions as needed. Provides guidance and assists staff with most complex aspects of work as necessary.
• Resolves escalated issues and problems by conferring with senior management, staff in other internal departments, outside contacts and others as necessary.
• Oversees the retail credit portfolio analysis in support of financial, regulatory and risk management requirements.
• Performs a leadership role in managing the US Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) for the Retail Credit Portfolios.
• Participates in and supports several decision-making committees for the retail credit and portfolio management approaches.
• Exercises independent judgment by displaying and reaching conclusions on the most complex portfolio issues as well as assumes accountability for high quality recommendations regarding the credit portfolio.
• Quantifies and analyzes risk exposure characteristics for retail credit portfolios
• Researches, evaluates, develops, tests and applies quantitative models and methodologies for analyzing risk exposures and collection strategies.
• Performs independent analytical initiatives including portfolio modeling, Stress Testing and migration analysis. Works with TDBFG Analysts to determine and validate key Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD), and Exposure at Default (EAD) factors that are critical to internal Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss measures.
• Prepares and delivers management reporting necessary to ensure accurate and thorough measurement of risk factors present in retail credit products.
• Develops and documents systems/tools to automate calculations used in determining risk exposures.
• Researches and recommends standards for internal/external systems used to calculate and measure risk exposures.
• Recommends credit policy and underwriting standard modifications where warranted. Measures and monitors the organization’s credit risk exposure and provides guidance in portfolio review and strategy.
• Establishes oversight of business lines compliance/risk controls and periodically evaluate risk mitigation efforts to make adjustments as risk/department influences change. Ensures TD Bank maintains successful audits and exams within all areas.
• Ensures effective compliance with all job-relevant State and Federal regulations, including, but not limited to Employee policies, procedures, CRA EEO/ AA, as well as with all job relevant Risk Management and Corporate standards.
• Manages complex analytical initiatives and interacts with TDBFG Analysts, Finance, Credit, and Retail Lending lines of businesses.
Provides leadership, support, and guidance to Senior Management, Credit Analysts, Finance, Credit, Small Business, andRetailLending Lines of Business.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
• 10+ Years of related experience. Modeling experience required
• Significant experience required in Credit Risk Management and modeling disciplines
• Strong quantitative and statistical skills to determine sound, defensible approaches to forecasts and analyses
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in change management related to the adoption of new business processes
• Extensive experience in organizing and presenting credit portfolio results and allowance requirements to Senior Management Committees, External Analysts, Auditors, Regulators, and Board of Directors
• Industry analysis and presentation experience