Manager of Analyst Relations
The objectives of this position principally involve the following key responsibilities:
• Manage Epsilon/Conversant analyst interactions via ongoing coordination and scheduling of analyst interactions and associated follow-up conversations.
• Drive Epsilon knowledge and understanding of available reports and upcoming analyst research via the monitoring and distribution of pertinent reports and communication of upcoming evaluations.
• Manage records of past, current and future analyst interactions to maintain consistency in Epsilons conversations with each analyst.
The Analyst Relations Manager will report into the Director of Analyst Relations and will assist in the company efforts in managing analyst relationships (AR). This position will support the Director of Analyst Relations with inbound analyst requests and drive outbound analyst engagement in the form of scheduled briefings and inquiries.
The internal partners necessary to achieve objectives include counterparts in Sales, Client Services, Portfolio Management and Product Management teams. This role must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, including executives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the management of vendor or product “round up” engagements with industry analyst that are creating reports ranking Epsilon’s products and services, including Forrester Waves and Gartner Magic Quadrants/Critical Capabilities.
• Manage the engagement calendar designed to proactively drive and broaden relationships with relevant analysts to ensure that Epsilon is well-positioned and top-of-mind with analysts who influence the opinions of the market. Particularly customers/prospects, journalists and financial investors. This includes facilitating partnerships with Product Management and Epsilon’s SMEs to identify outreach opportunities and key analyst engagement drivers.
• Leverage analyst research to drive in-bound knowledge transfer to Product Management, Sales, Client Services, Portfolio Leads, etc. This includes monitoring and understanding the research and reporting cycles of key analysts, as well as identifying, analyzing, producing and disseminating relevant information in a timely and digestible manner.
• Support Epsilon personnel in need of analyst market research information to inform/enhance their functions. Departments such as Sales and Marketing often require specific market data/research to support their claims. This includes fielding individual requests, as well as notifying Product Management and Sales of new research as it becomes available, providing summaries of research conclusions and significant findings, and coordinating with the Finance department in making research purchasing decisions.
• Schedule and coordinate analyst inquiries in support of Epsilon teams.
• Support analyst relations-based goals and measure/report on progress against those goals with an emphasis on results driven from AR activities.
• Perform related communications and/or marketing duties as needed to support the Director of Analyst Relations role.
• Responsible for upholding Epsilon’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
• 4 year college degree required with a focus on Marketing Communication, PR, or Journalism
• Minimum 3-5 years of work experience required – preferably with companies that offer a mix of services and technology
• Experience in a analyst relations/PR function and a demonstrated success in driving successful analyst relations programs a plus
• Experience in Email Marketing, Data, AdTech and/or Loyalty marketing a plus
• The ability to manage ongoing relationships and interactions.
• Experience working with Gartner and/or Forrester related product and services a plus
• Project management experience a plus
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and collaboration tools
LEADERSHIP AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to maintain multiple threaded conversations, relationships and historic perspective with regard to analysts.
• Must be able to make and communicate business value assessments required for negotiating trade-off decisions with internal stakeholders
• Analytical and critical thinking will be important to building long term relationships
• Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills and leadership skills
• Communications degree or work experience a strong plus
• This position requires minimal travel to event