Grande Prairie, AB
Industry: Manufacturing / Diversified•
5 - 7 years
Posted 371 days ago
Within the limits of approved programs, policies and procedures, and working within the Division plan as set by the General Manager & Marketing Manager, the Manager of Agronomic Services has the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with Marketing & General Managers, CPS and supplier representatives to ensure that correct agronomic knowledge and product positioning is communicated to CPS field staff and customers.
- Work with Product Line Managers, Directors and Division management to lead the strategic direction of the Proven Seed and Loveland brand objectives with retail staff.
- Provide technical support and coaching to retail staff with the objective of increasing the ability of the retail to provide solid agronomic knowledge to their customer base to profitably grow sales.
- Support and assist with the Echelon and Optimal Acres programs.
- Develop and facilitate internal Agronomic Training programs and materials for all CPS staff.
- Work with the retail staff to organize local grower meetings and give presentations on agronomic topics pertaining to issues in the area.
- Organize and help execute Proven Seed and Loveland on-farm trials, including plot tours for customers and staff and data collection.
- Ensure safety and environmental standards are followed & maintained at all times.
- Communicate progress and results compared to goals in all areas.
- To work with the Agronomy team to become leaders in Agronomy service and knowledge.
You have shown proven success as a results orientated individual by your:
- ability in oral and written communication and reports;
- ability to manage assets – human, equipment, fixed;
- ability to budget, program, manage, schedule;
- ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture;
- ability to work well with people.
- As Manager of Agronomic Services you have 5-10 years plus of ag-retail business experience plus a degree in Agriculture. You can present an excellent track record of agriculture related sales and services with a focus on Agronomy.