Manager of Agile Methods and Practices
Pegasystems is looking for an innovative leader to fill the position of Manager of Agile Methods and Practices. The position calls for a dedicated and experienced candidate to define and evolve product management methodologies and practices from analysis and strategic planning through roadmap development and portfolio and project release planning. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Agile leader to help mature and scale the application product management, development, and governance practices. The successful candidate must be well versed in product and portfolio management practices and techniques, and have experience in scaled Agile frameworks, process change management, and strategic planning methods and analysis.
In this role, you will:
- Drive strategic portfolio and project planning methodologies and practices
- Evolve portfolio and product governance practices to ensure stakeholder engagement and alignment and delivery to expectations
- Actively participate in the governance process to help ensure compliance and auditability and to collect feedback and input for future improvement
- Manage and roll-out change across the organization and all affected groups
- Educate and mentor Product Managers and Product Owners across all target industries
- Collaborate with the Architecture and Best Practices group to align initiatives that ensure technical and non-functional needs are included in all planning
- Work with platform and horizontal application Product Management to ensure interlock and clarity of expectations related to methodology and governance
- Participate in the broader Pega Agile community that includes platform, horizontal, and internal applications development as well as field delivery
- Stay abreast of industry trends and evolution of Agile practices and represent Pegasystems in customer, partner, and market facing discussions as needed
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and fast-paced environment essential to the core of our business
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in Agile frameworks and methods (especially Scrum), scaling frameworks, product and portfolio management techniques including value analysis practices.
The ideal candidate will have led or been a strong participant in Agile transformations and adoption and have experience as Scrum Master and Scrum Product Owner or led these communities. Certified Scrum Practitioner is a plus. He/she will have strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to work in a fast paced environment and be comfortable managing change.
Qualifications will include:
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of combined experience in the roles of Scrum Product Owner and Scrum Master
- 5+ years in Product Management
- 3+ years defining/leading Agile software development practices, focus on Product Owner practices is a plus
- Portfolio management experience
- Experience in compliance, regulatory mandates, or 3rd party process certification is a plus
- Strong collaboration, communication, team-based, organizational, and leadership skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Pegasystems Inc. is a leader in software that streamlines business and enhances customer engagement in Global 3 organizations. With more than 30 years of proven innovation, Pega seamlessly connects organizations with their customers across multiple channels in real time using market-leading CRM, advanced artificial intelligence, and powerful automation. Pega’s adaptive, cloud-architected applications – built on its unified Pega® Platform – empower people with comprehensive visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet strategic business needs.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.