The individual in this role will provide operational management and leadership for the Children's Research Institute research computing endeavors, and is responsible for the strategic direction and operations of the ARC High Performance Computing Center. Personnel management, as well as collaboration with researchers, external constituents, and external collaborators, is a major part of this job. Helping to secure external resources to expand, upgrade and modernize the High Performance Computing infrastructure is expected.
This individual will lead in establishing the future strategic direction for research cyber infrastructure and define and deliver services relevant to the needs of our research community. He or she must embody the mission and vision of Children's Mercy; be a catalyst for change, modeling the way for others to follow.
· Master's degree and 3-5 years' experience in related role and industry –OR-
· Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years' experience in related role and industry –OR-
· HS Diploma or equivalent and 7 or more years' experience in directly related role and industry
· Certified Redhat Systems Administrator preferred
Required Technical Skills:
· Must possess experience as Linux/UNIX systems administration in a large, multi-user environment
· Must possess an expert-level working knowledge of computer architecture, storage delivery via 10/40Gb Ethernet and Infiniband, and TCP/IP networking
· The ability to write scripts in interpreted scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and be able to use common shell commands, and understand regular expressions
· Shall be capable of software installation and maintenance using tools such as yum and RPM, including kernel upgrades, and module installation and support
· Must be able to independently learn and develop expertise in new systems, software, and related areas quickly in support of high performance computing business needs
· Additionally, the person in this role will possess knowledge of GPFS and Luster implementation and the configuration of static and dynamic mounts
· They will also have experience with the configuration of Apache web servers and SSL
· Experience with cluster or grid computing resource managers and schedulers such as Sun Grid Engine (SGE), Oracle Grid Engine, Open Grid Scheduler, or HTCondor.