WORK FROM HOME!!
SUPPORTS SITES IN Illinois or Wisconsin
Candidate can live in Illinois or Wisconsin
Manager of Accounts Payable – Operational Leader
Tremendous growth role. Don’t let this one get away!
Be an integral part of our Accounts Payable team. If you are a skilled and talented leader with a focus in technology and operational processes, this opportunity was made for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage a large team of Accounts Payable staff members.
- Function as the leader and resource for the Accounts Payable team for procure-to-pay activities and initiatives.
- Ensure proper adherence, oversight and internal controls on timely and accurate disbursements/electronic payments.
- Lead and monitor compliance functions of the Accounts Payable department,
- Ensure suppliers are paid in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage the processing of supplier invoices (Brainware/OnBase, 810 file integrations, 3-way match), travel expenses and corporate credit card charges through subordinates.
- Manage financial month-end close processes, supplier maintenance and W-9 documentation, year-end close process, annual 1099 reporting and annual internal audits.
- Recommend and institute changes/enhancements to procedures and processes which advance and improve the department’s functioning.
- Recommend and implement process improvement initiatives for large operational area.
- Set and facilitate the achievement of department objectives. Recruit, train, and mentor AP team to enhance performance, development and work product. Establish and manage performance metrics for the department.
- Maintain regular communication with suppliers and key related internal departments, such as supply chain/procurement, operations, IT and accounting teams.
- Foster excellent customer service culture.
- Manage escalated issues and multiple high visibility priorities.
- Lead team on AP system conversion activities or other AP system-related projects. Recommend improvements to existing systems and implement processing efficiencies.
- Develop documentation and train team on new or modified procedures.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field
- 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable utilizing robust ERP systems such as Workday, Lawson or Peoplesoft.
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience leading large teams
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Systems operations experience.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic invoice integrations.